Kind of release a Ukulele single today...

Zoë Bestel

Reaction score
Hello! I'm Zoë - introduced myself last week, I think (with a thread called 'You guys are lovely' which I still stand by. You UU members are awesome! So supportive!) so a massive hello to anyone who I haven't said hello to...Aloha!

I've recently left school to be a full time musician, just me and my ukes (I currently have two but saving up to add to the collection). It's kind of scary, but the parentals are fab and supportive so I'm doing okay, don't worry about me :) However, hope you don't mind, going to do a bit of promoting.

Today (July 4th - HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY you lovely starry stripey people) I launched my latest single, San Francisco (kind of fitting). Was on the local community radio earlier and have been spamming the usual social media sites. Then I remembered my most important, supportive, all round awesome audience of all, you guys. So if you fancy checking out what I've been doing you can:

Click here for the link to my website to find all things San Fran.

And/pr watch below. This is the official San Francisco video:

The single is a free download to Team Bestel members (a posh way of saying if you're part of my mailing list you get it for free). It isn't for sale anywhere just a download if you join. So if you like it and fancy joining our lovely team, you can click here!

Okay dokay, think I've spammed enough. Thank you for reading all this. Cheers for being awesome ukulele people and if you join our little Team B, thank you so, so much and welcome!

Note: Just realised I misspelled the title. Meant to say 'Kind of released a Ukulele single today...' sorry!

Last edited:
Fantastic, Zoe! Keep up the great work. Looking forward to hearing more!

That was a cool song, I really like the vibe of the whole thing. Your voice has a great tone. Congrats on a great effort.

Great song! You have a great voice and you're a really good song writer. Don't know if you do cover songs but I think your voice+your ukulele playing would sound so good with James blunts "fall at your feet" or any of his songs would be cool and your voice is way better then his so you would be able to do it a lot better then he does

Last edited:
Everything was so amazing. You have an incredible voice. Just lovely.

Aloha Zoe,
Cool girl....Loved it... happy 4th to you too....thank you for the links too... you have soothing voice which I can get lost in... :)

I posted a link on a FARK thread and the responses to it were very positive:
http://www.fark.com/comments/7826861/Shes-The-Voice-of-America-She-gonna-save-US-music-industry

(warning: not an aloha-spirit website; the thread is bashing an amateur musician and I posted the link for "ear-bleach")

Responses include:
Dude, thanks for posting this - seriously!

/YEAHNEWMUSIC!!
and
Whoa! That girl has fine pipes!
Holy crap, you ain't lyin'. That almost gave me goosebumps.

There is a lot else going on in that thread, so wander over only at your peril--you will have to search the thread for my screen-name to find the post and responses.

UPDATE: Someone there liked it so much that I was gifted a $5 one-month subscription to TotalFARK, so you'll see that symbol next to my screen-name only because I turned a FARK mod on to Zoë's music.

From red to green link here:
http://www.fark.com/comments/782805...old-girl-with-a-ukulele-How-good-could-she-be
I'm driving some views for you, Zoë!

Dang girl, you are wonderful. It's going to be a pleasure watching your career grow and grow. As Stan says; your voice is one that a person can get lost in. You make me smile and forget the woes of the day. I'm definitly going to join Team B!

Great job Zoë, looking forward to hearing more from you!

Instead of spamming, thought I'd reply in a massive huge chunks:

That was a cool song, I really like the vibe of the whole thing. Your voice has a great tone. Congrats on a great effort.

Oh wow! Cheers so much :)

Beautiful song, voice, and uke tone. Way to go.

D'aww thank you!

Great song! You have a great voice and you're a really good song writer. Don't know if you do cover songs but I think your voice+your ukulele playing would sound so good with James blunts "fall at your feet" or any of his songs would be cool and your voice is way better then his so you would be able to do it a lot better then he does

Thanks, I do some covers yes but I haven't done any James Blunt yet, but that's a really awesome suggestion. Will go away and listen :D Thank you!

Everything was so amazing. You have an incredible voice. Just lovely.

Awww, thank you! Wow, so nice!

Aloha Zoe,
Cool girl....Loved it... happy 4th to you too....thank you for the links too... you have soothing voice which I can get lost in... :)

Ahah hello again! Awww thanks, really appreciate that :)

You have a gorgeous voice! Keep it coming and best of luck!

I posted a link on a FARK thread and the responses to it were very positive

I'm driving some views for you, Zoë!

That is hilarious! Thank you so much pootsie :D Bizarre, but fantastic, cheers!

Dang girl, you are wonderful. It's going to be a pleasure watching your career grow and grow. As Stan says; your voice is one that a person can get lost in. You make me smile and forget the woes of the day. I'm definitly going to join Team B!

Awww! Thank you. That's so lovely! Thank you :D

Amazing, that was a fantastic all round performance Zoe, looking forward to the next one.

ETF :cool:

Very nice. Probably one of the best uses of an amplified ukulele sound that I've ever heard in a song.

Top Bottom