combining router table and table saw?

afreiki

Reaction score
I just made a new router table top to fit my new triton router, and realized I could probably do this in my extension table for my table saw, and eliminate the space used by the router table. I am surely not the first to try this.

Has anyone done this? Advice?

Anne Flynn

I did this. I have a router lift built into a nice router table with a drawer, and provision for dust collection. I have a Unisaw 5HP saw with a 6' fence. The router table top is sized to fit inside the saw rails. Getting everything leveled up took slightly more time, but it is a great combo. Also, the Biesemeyer saw fence works with the router now, just set it and clamp it on both ends, convenient.

This is in the side extension, not the outfeed table.

Last edited:
I did this. I have a router lift built into a nice router table with a drawer, and provision for dust collection. I have a Unisaw 5HP saw with a 6' fence. The router table top is cut to mount to the saw rails. Getting everything leveled up took slightly more time, but it is a great combo. Also, the Biesemeyer saw fence works with the router now, just set it and clamp it on both ends, convenient.

This is in the side extension, not the outfeed table.

I was thinking of the side extension, because then I would have a much better fence than the current one on the router table. I could add a sacrificial fence if I need to get really close up - sort of a zero clearance thing. This would also put it near my set up dust deputy and dust extractor.
Anne

Mine is set up like this too. Just need to remember to lower the router bit before uisng the table saw! You can double up with the rip fence as well meaning you only need one instead of two.

my router is at the end of the fence rails, so there is interference on table saw operations, only with really wide rips. Otherwise, business as usual, with some decent floor space savings.

One of the commercial table saws used to have a built-in router recess and mount cast into the surface ground extension table. too bad they don't all come like that.

Combination machines are ideal for compact workshops. All of my table routers - currently 5 in total are mounted onto 3/4" birch ply baseboards that are quick clamped to a bench when needed.

Thank you all for the input. I think I will go ahead with it since there don't seem to be any down sides. THen I will buy my baby grizzly thickness sander and put it where the router table was... :)
Life will get a lot easier..
Anne

Top Bottom