FS: Wanna try baritone? Here's your uke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Hanks

Reaction score
I'm down to 3 ukes and I need to sell this one to make room for my "nice but not *too* nice" tenor (when I decide what it is going to be).

Bottom line: $80(was 90) shipped to US

IMG_0428.jpgIMG_0429.jpgIMG_0430.jpgIMG_0431.jpgIMG_0432.jpg

This is a "better than new" Lanikai LU-21B. It was good enough to convince me I wanted a better bari, so I got a Brüko, and this one just isn't getting any playing time now.

Whatddaya mean "better than new"? Three things:
1. Lower action - I bought this new from Butler Music with their setup included, but the action was still a bit high for my taste, so I lowered the saddle to a more comfortable 3mm.

2. Better strings - I don't know what the stock strings were but they were terrible - just a tarnished, jangly mess. I replaced them with a Living Water low D set which give it a great even sound, great feel (all unwound fluorocarbons), and not too floppy even for low D.

3. Rockbag gig bag - I had ordered a new gig bag for the Brüko from Mim while waiting for it to be delivered. Then the Brüko arrived with this bag. Doh! It's a great bag, but I don't need two, so this one can go with the Lanikai.

Total cost invested was $55 for the uke, $15 for the strings, $20 for the gig bag, and $14 shipping=$104.

This is a great starter baritone, and could be a long term player as well. It sounds good and plays good. My only complaint with it is that the intonation is just "ok" as-is. It's not terrible, but could be better. The nut could also be a little lower which I am sure would improve the intonation as well.

Since nobody wants to buy around here without a few price drops :p I'll start this off at $90 shipped to US - or make me an offer if you want to skip a few weeks of puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuush-ing. :rolleyes:

Jim

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you're down to three ukes...that's poverty level...you may qualify for some gov't program!
Hard to believe you can get a quality, very playable uke for dirt cheap.

Sorry to hear you're down to three ukes...that's poverty level...you may qualify for some gov't program!
Hard to believe you can get a quality, very playable uke for dirt cheap.
:biglaugh: that's funny.The thing is I can only play one at a time and the sound profile of the Bruko and Lanikai are in the same ballpark so I don't need both.

I agree this is the best "bang for the buck" uke I've seen. Of course the Bruko is better but was it over 4 times better? Maybe. Maybe not.

Last edited:
Is this still available? I could be interested but would need to receive it by end of next week...thanks. Jonathan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom