Opinions on this Amp please.

Mxyzptik

Reaction score
There seems to be lots of knowledgable folk about the electric side of Ukes on this forum. What do you folks think of a Traynor AM50T amp.

I'm staying at a little town while helping out with the flooding problems in Alberta and the local music shop has one left of these on sale for what seems to be a good price ( $399.00 ) and I wondered what the skinny on them was ?

Never heard of it but that doesn't mean a thing. Don't know much about amps in general. But I found this:

You said acoustic so let's focus on amps designed for acoustic guitars. I have the Traynor AM50T - about 450. I love this amp. Has two channels and spring reverb. Also a notch filter to eliminate feedback. It's a wedge shape so can be used as a monitor too (has a line out to go to the board). Light weight - important at my age!

Here: http://www.acousticguitarcommunity.com/forum/topics/acoustic-amp

There was one that sold on eBay for $289 plus $38 shipping so the one your talking about is probably a little high for pawnshop pricing.

Edit.. Sorry I miss read its music shop not pawnshop probably still a little to high priced.

Last edited:
What do you want to use it for? Concert performance or practice?

Does it have a separate input jack for a mic?

You can probably get one at a larger urban centre for less.

I'm a fan of digital amps that offer all sorts of options to reshape the sound.

As far as use it is more of a " one day I might " sitution. I was looking at having a pickup installed in my Collings UT2 but I just can't. I liken it to drilling a hole in the bottom of a cedar canoe, it just doesn't seem like the right thing to do.

At this point if I wished to play amplified I would likely choose to play in a mike. This amp is specifically designed as an acoustic amp, has two channels , 50 watts and has a separate mic jack.

I was really wondering about Traynor as a brand and if anyone had experience with their quality.

Markr1, as far as the price. We have learned that we pay more for most things in Canada simply because we will. Check out the difference in prices on a book or magazine , crazy !!

I wouldn't hesitate putting a pickup in a uke. if you are playing with others out of a studio, the ability to move around and not be tied to the mic is worth a lot. There are pickups that sound pretty natural, like the Baggs 5.0. It was a selling point that a used uke I bought already had it installed. I haven't heard of the unit you posted about, but I'm happy with my Fishman loudbox mini, and here in the US they are less than $300.

Top Bottom