Season 73 - Freedom, or is that anarchy?

bbbannister

Reaction score

So here it is already Season 73 :)

fReedOm oR is tHat ANARCHY?

I'm coming up to the one whole year since I purchased my first Uke on holiday last year. I've managed to enter quite a few seasons although the past month or so I've been mainly absent due to a house move. So if you're new you may not have come across me. Those that have may know I have a tendency not to take too greater interest in the competition rules!

I mean, how can you have rules on a rock and roll themed week? ;-)

So I've been looking forward to this...

THERE ARE NO RULES FOR THIS WEEKS SEASON ;-) ;-)

Well accept for:

- No videos are to be posted on the thread till Sunday MST American time the next day. It just helps the previous host have a good finale to his or her week. (So that's just polite more than a rule).

- The week ends Sunday night Hawaiian time11.59. pm. (Which has to be a rule otherwise this isn't a competition).

Otherwise, this week you are freeeeee...

Songs about 'Freedom' or it's close cousin 'Anarchy' is the idea.

I've some prize EP's to send my top favourite few. Mrs B (you may remember from season 44) will also help choose the winners.

Just one season 73 playlist here

Have fun, sing for freedom, or simply go AWOL.

Bob.

You are a very naughty man posting before the curfew is lifted ;-)
ROCK AND ROLL DUDE :)
BTW one of my fav BD songs, excellently executed as always.
BB

a song about Freedom: King's X Freedom.
I always read these lyrics as being about freedom not always being what you this it is, and in my own opinion, blaming God, for things that men do, makes no sense ;). Anyway King's X is one of the most underrated bands I know so if you have not heard them yet check them out.
And there is some anarchy in the chorus ;).

I always read these lyrics as being about freedom not always being what you this it is, and in my own opinion, blaming God, for things that men do, makes no sense ;). Anyway King's X is one of the most underrated bands I know so if you have not heard them yet check them out.

Way to go Wim "SET ME FREEEEE"

Lets get this show rocking ;-)

This one from the previous season fits, I think Woodstock embodied both freedom and anarchy.

Really enjoyed the sound! Thought you did it very well!

Thought I'd make a quick entry while I had time. I really love this tune in its original version. Sorry for the mistakes but I hope you'll enjoy it.

You can't get to loose with the rules for me. So here are the ones I'm trying to ignore here.
Practice before recording, or at least look up the lyrics to make sure you have them complete and/or in the right order.
Figure out what key might work with your vocal range.
Never turn your back on the audience.
If you screw up start over.
Dont post things you've recorded and posted for other seasons before
I think that almost does it:

Last edited:
Thought I'd make a quick entry while I had time. I really love this tune in its original version. Sorry for the mistakes but I hope you'll enjoy it.

Nice whistle there, thanks for the entry :)

Last edited:
You can't get to loose with the rules for me. So here are the ones I'm trying to ignore here.
Practice before recording, or at least look up the lyrics to make sure you have them complete and/or in the right order.
Figure out what key might work with your vocal range.
Never turn your back on the audience.
If you screw up start over.
Dont post things you've recorded and posted for other seasons before
I think that almost does it:

Lovely vocal, liked it a lot. :

BB

Top Bottom