NUD! Anakoneke Super Concert

erivel

Reaction score
I had the pleasure of meeting Toni Maloon yesterday who delivered my new super concert. Really pleased with it! Tenor neck on a Honduran mahogany concert body with Macassar ebony fingerboard and the new Gotoh planetary tuners. Made in honor of my son, Kalel, who was named after Superman (Kal-El), hence the "K" logo on the head plate made from coral recon stone, which was also used on the fretboard markers and rosette. BTW I thought of his name way before I even knew the new Man Of Steel movie was coming out.

Toni was great to work with and is a fantastic builder! Here are some pics she allowed me to post from her Facebook page.

9231843821_1375c52414_o.jpg

9231843823_486df2ff90_o.jpg

9234625110_67810f7df9_o.jpg

9231843851_1f93ce0c2c_o.jpg

Last edited:
Nice-looking "K-brand" uke! I'll bet it plays and sounds "Super".

Aloha Eric,
Woo Hoo, Congrats....I knew you'd like your Anakoneke...isn't it amazing and easy to play.....I am sure you and your son are going to enjoy this uke....
Toni is a pleasure to do business with and a real nice gal.....you must have had a great time...wish I lived back in SF Happy Strummings.

Thanks Stan! And thank you for convincing her to build her first tenor. This is her first super concert.

Beautiful uke Eric. I'd love to hear your Anakoneke super concert.
Congrats.

Kool uke! Kongratuations!! Looking forward to hearing your beautiful new uke soon, Eric. (Or should I call you Jor-el?)

Last edited:
That is some uke, Eric! GREAT design! Too bad you don't have a Fortress of Solitude in which you can play it for as long as you like.

Congrats Eric! I love that nice red "K" on the dark headstock! Can't wait to hear it!

Man, that's a beautiful uke. Congrats!

That grain pattern down the fretboard is pretty awesome.

Oh, man! WOW!!! Congratulations, Eric!!! I have been looking forward to this day for you!!! So happy and excited for you! And, Toni is an absolutely fabulous luthier and I love her work!!! Can't wait to hear you play your new uke!!!

Congratulations! It looks wonderful, and it's personalized for you son, who will no doubt someday take it from you. :) My Anakoneke build has just begun (tenor with paduak back and sides and western cedar top, with headstock inlay that I'm in the process of designing).

Congrats! I love the look! And I love that you named your son Kal-el....
I want one of Toni's ukes, but I need some money!

Thanks everyone! Having fun getting to know it. Hope to make its debut in the upcoming Seasons of the Ukulele.

Congratulations! It looks wonderful, and it's personalized for you son, who will no doubt someday take it from you. :) My Anakoneke build has just begun (tenor with paduak back and sides and western cedar top, with headstock inlay that I'm in the process of designing).

Thanks Mark! Toni told me of your upcoming build. Sounds like a great one for sure!

Top Bottom