Hello from UK

uknavynigel

Reaction score
Hi my name is Nigel, ive recently started to learn the ukulele and really enjoying it, i dabbled with the guitar but got downhearted when i struggled too much on barr chords but finding them at least kinda manageable on the ukulele.

i was in the royal navy for 22 years and i am now a head chef in a local restaurant, i like magic, tropical fish, chickens, my dog and reading oh im also married and have 2 kids 16 and 22 lol.

Aloha Nigel

Welcome to the UU forums and the ukulele...Yes yes you are on the best uke forums online...woo hoo we have the most friendly and nicest members around offering great
advice happy strummings....

Greetings and welcome Nigel. Glad you joined us. I have 24 years in the US Air Force and was stationed in your beautiful country in the mid-70's at RAF Bentwaters in Suffolk. My hobby is cooking, all of which I do either at home or at my Church. Good luck and have fun with ukes Nigel.

Welcome to the Forum, Nigel!

Hi Nigel
Whereabouts in England are you? Im in North Essex and we've recently created a new uke club here. Used to live in Portsmouth (Eastney). Welcome to UU :)

Hi Nigel
Whereabouts in England are you? Im in North Essex and we've recently created a new uke club here. Used to live in Portsmouth (Eastney). Welcome to UU :)
It's a small world I used to live in Eastney as well, finch road then Gibraltar road in the navy patch just before I was drafted to Gibraltar and then moved to near Nottingham where I live now. :-D

Welcome aboard! Nottingham has a busy
ukulele club you would have to look up their
website as I don't have the url handy!
Derby has a good ukulele club and a Banjo-uke
club too so you are not stuck for companionship!

Welcome to UU Nigel. I live just up the road from you, but spent most of the last 10 years working in & around Nottingham as a contractor for Nottingham Community Housing Association and a few other schools/businesses there. Now I drive to Lincoln almost every day I've actually started to miss Nottingham.

Konichiwa to you, and welcome to UU. ii desu!

:eek::confused::rolleyes:

Top Bottom