Hello from Massachussets

RideCB

Reaction score
I am very new to the ukelele, but looking forward to learning. I'm in my early 40's, and I play mostly classical guitar (old school, sight reading etc) so I will see how that translates to the uke. I bought a Cordoba 15cm as a starter and like it very much, but am already wondering if a baritone wouldn't make for a less confusing classical to ukelele transition.
Glad you guys are here for advice and support.

Thanks!

The transition will be a joke for you. Just pretend you are playing with a CAPO on the fifth fret. You will get used to that high g string and it forces you to change your way of thinking musically. Its just like when some drummers change the orders of the toms on their sets to force themselves to think of new interesting patterns. Classical style makes for some beautiful ukulele.

Last edited:
Aloha RideCB, don't know your name......
Welcome to the UU forums and the ukulele...Yes yes you are on the best uke forums online...woo hoo we have the most friendly and nicest members around offering great
advice happy strummings....

Welcome from the North Shore!

If you're nearby and want to give the baritone a whirl give me a shout.

Cheers.

Greetings, how's the chowder back there?

Greetings and welcome. Eventually, you'll have one or two of each...maybe. Enjoy

Wicked ah-sum to have to have moah ukes in the arear. Wow, even as a former Mainer I can't type like that.
Anyway, Burlington newbie here with a concert uke.

Hey welcome to the group. Where in Mass are you? I am on the Cape, but I drive to Boston each day for work and I am always looking to jam. Have uke; will travel.

Have fun!

Top Bottom