iUke Strings on Pocket Uke

Walden

Reaction score
Have you tried using Aquila iUke strings on a Tom or a Kala pocket ukulele? If so, what tuning did you use?

I haven't tried those but did find that tuning ADF#B with standard soprano strings worked well for me on my Tom.

I'm still looking for a place in Europe to order these!
All info is welcome.

Have you tried Mercatino dell'Ukulele? They don't list the strings, but they sell the iuke and have close relations with Aquila I believe.

Have you tried Mercatino dell'Ukulele? They don't list the strings, but they sell the iuke and have close relations with Aquila I believe.

Thanks!
They have them listed as Sopranino Strings.
Ordering 2 sets as we speak.

Last edited:
Omega Music had some in stock but Aquila have expressly sail that they are not for Ukuleles with a scale length of greater than 10½ inches so both the Pocket and the Tom are to big for them. I'm going to try a set on my Maccaferri Ukette and see how that works

Omega Music had some in stock but Aquila have expressly sail that they are not for Ukuleles with a scale length of greater than 10½ inches so both the Pocket and the Tom are to big for them. I'm going to try a set on my Maccaferri Ukette and see how that works

That is good to know.
I just checked, my Tiwi is 8" scale :)

Aquila have expressly sail that they are not for Ukuleles with a scale length of greater than 10½ inches so both the Pocket and the Tom are too big for them.
But that's assuming an octave-up tuning. Seems like they might be suitable for an intermediate tuning.

Top Bottom