Hear The Strum Interview with Guido Heistek

jimdville

Reaction score
Canadian ukulele instructor Guido Heistek explains his Hear The Strum method in this 3 Questions Interview. Learn all the strums at once! Visit my website to view the interview.

This is a great way to think about strumming. Thanks, Jim!

P.s. I took Guido's class on this at the Britt Ukulele Getaway workshop. Got some Aha Moments from both Jim and Guido.

I'm glad to see that other people are trying to eliminate the ukulele players' fetish with "strum patterns." I no longer feel like a single voice in the wilderness.

Very cool. Added it to my uke lessons folder for my Senior's class Thanks for sharing. Still looking forward to learning from you in Tarpon Springs this November.

I'm glad to see that other people are trying to eliminate the ukulele players' fetish with "strum patterns." I no longer feel like a single voice in the wilderness.

And I'm a guy who asked about strum patterns for specific genres. Now, I'll just listen to the music in those genres and "hear the strum." However, I still like to hear different patterns, played by others, to get ideas, too. ;)

Don't steal this idea but since my interview with Guido I'm thinking of marketing t-shirts that say "Down With Downs and Ups!"

Don't steal this idea but since my interview with Guido I'm thinking of marketing t-shirts that say "Down With Downs and Ups!"

Don't worry, Jim. Mine are going to say, "Down with Ups and Downs!"... completely original.

If I ever meet this guy I'm gonna have to give him a hug. I've been struggling with varying up my strum patterns.

Top Bottom