Great app for ukulele playing iPhone users.

upskydowncloud

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I got bored during revision and came across a very cool application for the iPhone called "UkeChords". It's an interactive chord chart for over 1000 uke chord forms in all 12 keys. It has 28 voicings for each key with multiple fingerings.

You can also hear each chord as well as the individual notes! I definitely recommend it if you travel with your uke and don't want to carry around bulky books!

It cost me £1.59 which is roughly $2.30, it's definitely worth getting!

John

P.S sorry

Hahah yea I bought that a few weeks ago for my iPod touch. Works great, highly recommend it for those who need it. :)

Thanks for the tip. Just downloaded it for my iPod Touch, and it will definitely come in handy when I travel with my ukulele.

Thanks for the tip. Just downloaded it for my iPod Touch, and it will definitely come in handy when I travel with my ukulele.

Hey I'm glad you found it useful! It's a good resource for those without amazing memories.

I sure wish I had an iPhone or iPod touch. >.< I'll keep dreaming

What a coincidence. I happened to see that app in the AppStore just a few hours before I read this post. It looks pretty good. Can it store a list of chords to playback one at a time? That would be really cool for practicing a piece.

What a coincidence. I happened to see that app in the AppStore just a few hours before I read this post. It looks pretty good. Can it store a list of chords to playback one at a time? That would be really cool for practicing a piece.

hey I don't think it does that but it's possible to e-mail the guy who made it, maybe he'll do that for the next version!

That could be because the developer isn't aware that you can plug these things called headphones into an iPod Touch?

And that's only the 1st gens. The 2nd gens have speakers don't they? Hmm, I'll try and see what it tells me. It would be a bummer to exclude the Touch users for no real reason, but maybe he doesn't need the money?

Nope, it seems to work for me and I have a gen 1 jailbroken 32g iPod Touch.

I'm using the 2.2 firmware. What version are you using? If it doesn't work from the Touch's App Store, try iTunes on your computer. The App version of App Store is buggy at best.

hey I don't think it does that but it's possible to e-mail the guy who made it, maybe he'll do that for the next version!

So, I emailed the author and he emailed me back saying he would consider it. That would be soo cool. Also, it works fine on my 1st generation iTouch.

By the way, theres now a FREE app on the App Store which displays chord fingerings for all uke chords. It's called Lelele No Onsan. Check it out!

I got this for my iPod Touch, and it works great.

The other one I got is called Pocket Guitar. This is so cool! You can set the thing to "be" a guitar (electric, classical or acoustic), an electric bass, or a UKULELE.

The screen then becomes the top of the fretboard and shows the strings. You hold the iPod in your hand as if it were the uke neck....and actually play. You can form chords, do strums, and hear the uke play!

In guitar mode (and maybe others) it'll do hammer-ons, pull-offs, effects (distortion, etc)....all kinds of stuff. What you can't do, as far as I know, is play "up the neck".

But it's lots of fun, and I recommend it....

Another great iphone app is the Stayintune one. Great tuner. I lurvs it!:D

UkeChords is definitely worth getting. Scale Buddy is worth a look as well. I wrote reviews of a bunch of uke related apps here:

Ukulele iPhone Apps Review

By the way, theres now a FREE app on the App Store which displays chord fingerings for all uke chords. It's called Lelele No Onsan. Check it out!

In the version you can get in the UK store it says that chord diagrams aren't available until the next version.

Top Bottom