Neck snapped off Body.

Arr3n

Reaction score
Yeah...I have a friend who ended up dropping something on his uke and the neck snapped off the body almost completely. Any tips on how to go about fixing this?

Thanks a bunch

Ya, we can't exactly tell what to do without knowing where it snapped, how screwed up it is exactly......

Sounds like it's time to make a cigarbox uke;)!

What I did to mine when my Lanikais neck cracked from the body is super glue. I super glued it and now it's like new

Sometimes [we] get carried away with thinking that a given instrument (in this case) needs to be brought back to "as good as original" condition rather than simply recognizing that stuff happens and it's time to move on.

With that in mind, converting this back to a working machine isn't that hard. Super glue will work. I suggest getting some of the Medium thickness super glue. Or yellow wood glue liberally applied can fill the gaps. Get creative with the clamping and go to town.

While the glue dries, you can come up with a really good bar fight story: "Did I ever tell you ladies about the time this little uke saved my but in Tucumcari?"

This is an old thread.

Superglue will become brittle in a few years and the joint will fail.

Yellow glue (Titebond I) is the way to go.

Top Bottom