"On The Sunny Side Of The Street" (solo ukulele)

H

Hippie Dribble

1930. music Jimmy McHugh.

After two nights of record low temps down here in Tassie (minus 13 C) it sure was nice to see the sun this morning.

Here is a little arrangement of this lovely showtune and popular standard, based on the tablature which appears in ukulelezaza's 'Happy Days Are Here Again' songbook. Key of "C".

Played on an Ono claro walnut concert ukulele #14, custom built by David Ingalls in Oregon, USA. This really is a wonderful instrument, 16" scale, slim, fast neck and the most beautiful tone eva. Wardrobe by Limousin Lil, thanks Val!!! :)

Thanks for watching folks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs80dJa_cIM

Very very nice. I always liked that song. Your version has a very pleasing pace to it .

I just played your video for my daughter and she said you looked like a snap shot from my past. According to her there are old hunting pictures of me with a similar sweater and toque.

" -13C boy, another 10 or 20 degrees colder and you're gonna need to find a jacket joked the Canuck !"

Wonderfully performed, Jon! You always make my day so bright with your music and videos! I feel for you in the cold weather, my friend! I am not a big fan of it myself -- here, we get cool, rainy weather and NO sunshine...and that is really tough for me during our fall and winter months. Please keep the music comin'! :)

Great tune - brilliantly played, as ever - great uke and totally AMAZING hat!

Val

Great job Jon! Hope you are feeling better soon...I would gladly send you some of our sunshine (been 100 degree days here). The uke is beautiful and sounds great-she was born just a few miles from me.

Beautifully done, with intentions and such a great feeling.
Man, I'd do anything to have your fingers !!!
(What, "So Frax, go get back to work" ? lol)
Delightful...

Brilliant - and inspirational as usual. Some people make us want to be a better person. You make me want to be a better ukulele player.
--G

Top Bottom