Aloha from Stillwater, MN

Haole Mike

Reaction score
I joined in March, but never announced. I went on a Princess Cruise to Hawaii at the end of February, and learned to play in free classes on the ship. I bought a Kala KA-T at Hilo Guitars & Ukes.

I've made it a habit to play every day, and I must say that practice certainly makes an improvement in my playing ability. I'm even playing songs with 'E' in them.

Like most folks here, one uke is not enough. I 'stole' a Kala KA-ASAC-TGE-3 from a local music store for $198. It was a pre-Marxer model, and has full gold Grover tuners. I contacted Kala for more information on this model, and they had nothing to tell me.

I also picked up a Savannah soprano for $19. After throwing on a set of Martin strings, and lowering the saddle, it plays and sounds great.

I'm really enjoying playing. I've learned a few dozen songs since I started.

Welcome to the UU. Good to see that you posted - hope to read some more from you. Glad you are enjoying your ukes.

I joined in March, but never announced. I went on a Princess Cruise to Hawaii at the end of February, and learned to play in free classes on the ship. I bought a Kala KA-T at Hilo Guitars & Ukes.

I've made it a habit to play every day, and I must say that practice certainly makes an improvement in my playing ability. I'm even playing songs with 'E' in them.

Like most folks here, one uke is not enough. I 'stole' a Kala KA-ASAC-TGE-3 from a local music store for $198. It was a pre-Marxer model, and has full gold Grover tuners. I contacted Kala for more information on this model, and they had nothing to tell me.

I also picked up a Savannah soprano for $19. After throwing on a set of Martin strings, and lowering the saddle, it plays and sounds great.

I'm really enjoying playing. I've learned a few dozen songs since I started.
Welcome to UU! That's how I got started too. It's been over 5 years now. It's good to hear Princess is still offering the classes. I howled with laughter during the first lesson and have been hooked ever since. There is a couple at my ukulele group who also got hooked on their cruise.

If you ever come in to Mpls on a Monday night, check out our group -- StrumMn. We have a site at Shutterfly with info. (I am technically challenged and have no clue how to post a link, sorry.)

Greetings from outside the Mankato area, good to see another Minnesotan on the forum

Greetings from St. Paul! I'm getting married at the Historic Courthouse in Stillwater this Saturday.
--Garry

Hello and welcome to you!

Welcome, glad you joined us. I see that Kala on sale at Uke Republic for $429.99.....great snag.

Aloha HM,

Welcome to the UU forums and the ukulele...Yes yes you are on the best uke forums online...woo hoo we have the most friendly and nicest members around offering great
advice happy strummings....

Top Bottom