Uke top showing some wear

pootsie

Reaction score
When the light hit my uke just right last night, I realized that the top is showing some wear on the finish from strumming.

I just wanted to share how proud I am of that!

BATTLE SCARS!! love em.

Strumshine :cool:

My KoAloha Concert has tons of it. The fretboard is also really darkened in several areas. It is the Pikake version and shows wear much more than the gloss.

I love that uke and it shows!

Sweet. I love the look of a well-loved-but-seriously-played instrument. Once it looks like Willie Nelson's Trigger, or Glen Hansard's Horse, you'll know that it's just... about... right...
View attachment 55720View attachment 55721

My sentiments exactly, I hope that I wear a big hole in mine like Willie did to Trigger cause that'll mean that I found the time to play it alot. Which should mean i have my priorities right.

I wonder if Martin will make a Willie Nelson Trigger Special Edition with the hole already worn through?

I wonder if Martin will make a Willie Nelson Trigger Special Edition with the hole already worn through?

Factory-worn instruments are of the devil! And just stupid. I would like to think Martin is above that kind of thing (Fender has certainly demonstrated that they aren't), but I suspect that if there's an extra $2500 to be made for 20 minutes' worth of abuse with a dremel tool, the temptation might just be too great.

You could play it while wearing your already ripped and worn out jeans and the hat with the pre-frayed brim.

Factory-worn instruments are of the devil! And just stupid. I would like to think Martin is above that kind of thing (Fender has certainly demonstrated that they aren't), but I suspect that if there's an extra $2500 to be made for 20 minutes' worth of abuse with a dremel tool, the temptation might just be too great.

Heh, heh. "Relic, anybody?" - I laughed my arse off when fender announced those...then laughed even harder when people actually bought the dumb things.

With that move Fender definitely proved that there is absolutely a certain class of "musician" that absolutely deserves to be taken for every penny you can screw out of them! LOL

John

I think the stupidest one fender came up with was the Joe Strummer Signature Telecaster. I was never sure how it was his "signature model" since they produced it years after he died. Plus, the guitar he played was just a stock Tele that he zipstripped and spray painted more times than you've had hot dinners.
http://www.fender.com/news/strummer...egendary-clash-leaders-famous-diy-instrument/
What was it Barnum said, there's a sucker born every minute? Apparently Fender found a full day's worth of limited edition suckers for that one.

Full disclosure, The Clash is one of my all time favorite bands. But stupid is stupid.

Top Bottom