West Los Angeles luthier who can replace the bridge on a Martin Style 51 baritone Uke

Teek

Reaction score
I need one. My Martin bari has a crack running along the base of the top soundhole side inner edge of the bridge slot, which has that thin edge of the slot leaning forward, which has widened the slot for the saddle. There are also tiny cracks at the soundhole side ends of the slot moving up. It looks like it will let go under any continued tension. It had a previous circa 60s repair which had loosened up and was giving way, so I carefully cleaned out the glue and shim to see how deep the damage went. It looks to me like this original bridge was sub par on specs for width and was used anyway. Any info on a competent luthier with a genial attitude who could find or make a replacement pin bridge without a ton of hyper expense, unnecessary over-dramatization or insults would be very much appreciated! (I already went to McCabes against my better judgement). Thanks. :D

Last edited:
Bill Asher in Culver City or David Neely in Hollywood. I've worked with both of these guys and they're really good.

Went to David Neely last week with a Martin Vintage Tenor. Seemed like a good guy and he definitely knows his stuff.

Colin at The Fretted Frog in Silverlake would be my other option

Top Bottom