A Boy Named Sue by Johnny Cash

Curious to know what you think. Love to get some feedback on some of my videos. I don't have any one to jam with so I cannot tell if they are ok or if I should "keep it to m'self", as it were...

There are so many talented players here and I would value their opinions and input. :)

I am not what one would call a talented player, but my opinion is that you did a great job.
I also don't think that anyone should ever keep it to themselves- I have made a lot of videos, and while they are sometimes apparently entertaining for others, I go back and watch them all, and improve greatly by being able to do so. Of course, I learn more jamming with folks, but I too am in a place where no one else really plays.
Right then- keep them coming!

Great job. Johnny Cash songs work so well on the uke. Well done.

Thank you for all the kind words. I remember him singing this song and it was always fun to hear. Even more fun to play. :)

Excellent. What chords are you playing and what is your use tuned too. Many thanks. Linda

Awesome. Good job man. A classic song

Very nice!

Johnny Cash didn't actually write that song. A Boy Named Sue was written by a gentleman named Shel Silverstein. Shel was a bit of a character, and most of his more memorable work was considered very distasteful back in the day. Anyway, about 20 years after he wrote A Boy Named Sue, he did the follow-up; Father of a Boy Named Sue. That song tells the story from quite a different perspective, lol...

I've always thought it would be fun to sing the two songs together in a medley. The music is more or less the same, so it wouldn't be too difficult. Since, you have the work half done here, you ought to give it a whirl.

Phluffy the Destroyer

Top Bottom