NEW!!! Kala Sharks, Ukudelics and USA made banjolele at Summer NAMM

Uke Republic

Reaction score
These should be available in about 2 months. They come in 6 new colors
Great white satin, Mako blue satin, surf green satin, shell pink satin,coral yellow satin, red sea satin.

The new ukudelics will feature back and sides of abs plastic and the price should go down. Ready in 2-3 months.

The banjolele is in the centre and is maple . These are expected later in the year. The other two are great as well and should be ready in a month or so.

kalasharks.jpgsteampunkuke.jpgkalabanjoleles.jpg

Are the Shark ukes identical to Dolphins other than the shape of the bridge?

Or does the sound have a little more bite?

Are the Shark ukes identical to Dolphins other than the shape of the bridge?

Or does the sound have a little more bite?

Ha! I like that - "Bite" :) Same body different bridge and finish. I wonder if they'll get along though?

These look great. man i might have to get a shark to keep my dolphin company..

That steampunk uke is off the chart cool. Glad to see the banjo ukes are maple. Maybe you'll have some for Clearwater in November? Still coming?

In another thread I posted a reply I got yesterday from Kala that said the banjo ukes would be ready in August.

Didn't realize they were made in USA.

I'm 'gonna need a bigger boat' to land one of those shark ukes

Well, I thought so too, but I don't get the point. Just that people who think Dolphins are too cute will buy vicious Sharks? Okay, fine with me.

I hope these new ukes come with instructions on how to play the theme from "Jaws." I'm sure there are people who will think shark bridges look cooler than dolphin bridges (I may even be one of them, but I don't see trading in my dolphin for a shark), and I appreciate the marketing strategy behind these ukes.

My suggestion to Kala: make a similar ukulele with a bridge that looks like a jet. Then you can put on an all-Kala ukulele production of "West Side Story."

Yes, I think so too. That's why I was hoping the Shark was bigger. As The Big Kahuna suggested some months ago, they should make a larger size called the Whale. But 400 lb. channel catfish is most excellent. :)

I'm a marine biologist. I approve. :p

It could be fun to have different fish/aquatic life for the different sizes, e.g.

Soprano--> dolphin or shark
Concert--> salmon
Tenor--> marlin
Baritone--> 400 lb. channel catfish

Ha! I was reading along and thinking there's a need for a whale uke.

Yes, I think so too. That's why I was hoping the Shark was bigger. As The Big Kahuna suggested some months ago, they should make a larger size called the Whale. But 400 lb. channel catfish is most excellent. :)

Kewl! I wonder if they're gonna make a bass called a Lunker?

1320389_7fb3_625x1000.jpg

But remember, you can't tune a fish

They look like sopranos to me.

So now Kala has Dolphins and Sharks, and Eddy Finn has Minnows. What's next? Tuna? Snakehead? Largemouth bass? Algae eater? Lamprey?

If Lanikai makes a Coelacanth, whoa, I'm there dude.

U- "Bass" ......

Top Bottom