2013 Beginner concert uke recommendations?

rubyrain

Reaction score
I've done the searches here and read many of the beginner uke threads which have been very helpful! But I see that many threads in the "sticky" are from 2008.

Since ukes have gotten more popular in the last few years and there are more available (such as the Luna line), I thought I would start a new thread to get some more current (or sticking with the previous recs) reviews and suggestions for 2012/2013.

I have tried out a few ukes to know that I am more interested in the concert size for the ease of handling and the sound.

So what concert ukes would you recommend for a beginner that are affordable ($75-$150 range)?
Or go ahead and suggest that awesome one that is more $$ too so we can dream :)

Thanks!!

I would recommend a Kala laminate from any of the vendors that are frequently mentioned here that do setups.

I would recommend a Kala laminate from any of the vendors that are frequently mentioned here that do setups.

I have to agree. As a beginner it's hard for anyone to tell you what you will like... This is something you will learn as you further your playing...

Good advice! I started with a laminate and then bought a Mainland about a year later.

I have to agree. As a beginner it's hard for anyone to tell you what you will like... This is something you will learn as you further your playing...

I know each person will like different things but I need some recs from others so I know what to look for when I go try them out ;) I have a short list based on older posts here but just wanted to see if there were some new ukes out there that people liked for beginners since the 2008 posts.
Thought a post like this would help some others out too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom