Hi, please help!

Menacer

Reaction score
Was hoping for something electro but still has a good sound when not used with an amp? If you think I should not go electro then no problem?

Personally I don't like the sound of a uke coming through the pick-up. I prefer using a decent mic. With a mic you can hear the instrument a lot better. Dynamics, tonal variations, the sound of the wood.
But that's my opinion. I hope some other people will react so you can decide based on different advice.

I want something that's sounds lovely on the ears and is easy to play.

If the Pono is a little pricey, get the Islander. Can always add (or have added) a decent soundboard pickup without much trouble.

Hi

If the Pono is a little pricey, get the Islander. Can always add (or have added) a decent soundboard pickup without much trouble.

Hi I can afford the pono, now willing to spend up to £460 as I won't need the amp etc...

What would you get from that site within that range?

Thought I would let you all know that I have ordered the Pono MCD Deluxe Solid Mahogany Concert Ukulele

Good choice. I have the MBD (baritone). The Pono ukes are quite good for the money.

John

That's exactly the one I want. . . and the Deluxe mainly because it has glossy finish.

Hopefully next year.

Thanks for the replies folks, looks like I have made a good choice!

Thought I would let you all know that I have ordered the Pono MCD Deluxe Solid Mahogany Concert Ukulele

Good choice, great "bang for the buck". I have a Pono MCD-E and it's super. I have Ko'olau Alohi strings on it a like them a lot. Good balance of bright/sweet, etc.. Lot's of tonal possibilities with different strings.

Hi

Good choice, great "bang for the buck". I have a Pono MCD-E and it's super. I have Ko'olau Alohi strings on it a like them a lot. Good balance of bright/sweet, etc.. Lot's of tonal possibilities with different strings.

Thanks for your reply, I have currently put Aquila strings on which sound nice however I will have to give your recommendation a go at some point!

Thanks again,

Adam

I recommend putting on some fluorcabon strings on it like Worth Clear or the excellent Living Waters.
Completely changes the sound of your uke. I'm not a fan of Aquila's on a uke like this.

Have you got some pics to share?

I have the Pono Concert, solid mahogany, glossy, with a factory-installed pickup. It sounds great and I really like it.

Top Bottom