My best uke so far

finkdaddy

Reaction score
I just wanted to show off my newest build.
It's a tenor scale uke with walnut back and sides, a port orford cedar top, a bubinga fretboard, and mahogany neck.
I've built a few now, but this one is my favorite so far. The walnut/spruce combo sounds really, really nice. It may not be as loud as some of the others I've build, but the tone and playability is pretty sweet. I'm really happy with it!
I have a friend who might want to buy this one, but if he passes then I'll be putting it up for sale in the Marketplace forum.
Thanks for looking!
IMAG0854.jpgIMAG0855.jpgIMAG0856.jpgIMAG0857.jpgIMAG0859.jpg

Looks very nice! Do you have a sound sample?

I admire anyone that can take a tree and make an instrument. I have none of those skills.

Looks very nice! Do you have a sound sample?

I admire anyone that can take a tree and make an instrument. I have none of those skills.
I don't have a sample yet. I literally just finished it. But I am learning a song right now that I will be using as a sample, so it's coming soon.
Thanks for the kind words! :)

That's a real beauty! Like Tiger, I really admire the skill it takes to make a uke! Well done!

Fred, you're making some mighty nice ukes at the Leeward Lounge. It's clear you have some great wood working skills.

I remember, your very 1st tenor sounded awesome. Can't wait to hear this one.

Last edited:
I like it....

Beautiful instrument!

Thank you for the kind words, everyone!
Tonight I will be posting a sample song video and it will be going up for sale in the Market forum.

~Fred

I have one of Fred's early ukes, and he was pretty darn good then... I can only imagine how good he is now!

Top Bottom