PDA

View Full Version : FS: Spanky banjo uke (concert) - Price reduced

Uke-lahoma
07-14-2013, 11:38 AM
This is a gorgeous Spanky concert banjo uke. The pot, neck, and resonator are Texas mesquite, and the fretboard is ebony. The resonator features an inlaid rose made of holly. The tuners are Pegheds for easier tuning, and the top is fyberskin. The Spanky logo is inlaid on the head in a pearlescent material. I replaced the strings with Fremont Blacklines (my favorites), and added a strap.

I purchased this banjo uke new from Phil Morris of Spanky Ukes at the 2010 Lone Star Uke Fest in Dallas. I have enjoyed it, but I have decided to move to a soprano banjo uke. This is a beautiful instrument with a very good banjo sound. The banjo uke is in excellent condition, and when not being played it stays in its case.

First, some pictures I took of the front and back of the banjo uke, as well as the padded, softside case in which the Spanky will ship (click on photo to enlarge):

55867 55868 55869

I’m not a very good photographer, so here are some images of this exact instrument from the “available and previously sold instruments” page (http://spankyukes.com/Available_Instruments.html) at the Spanky website (this uke is the first one under "previously sold"):

55870 55871

Here is a file of me playing a bit of "Darktown Strutter's Ball" (http://soundsofdovecreek.com/Spanky.mp3) on the banjo uke. Other Spanky sound files can be heard at their website, given above.

I originally paid $1,295 for this banjo uke, and I am asking $850, which includes insured shipping to the continental US. PM me if you have questions or are interested. Payment by PayPal.

UPDATE: I have reduced the asking price to $775, which includes insured shipping in the continental US. If the Spanky does not sell for this price, I will keep it.

Thanks!

connor013
07-14-2013, 12:32 PM
It's taken me three banjo ukes to learn that banjo ukes are not my thing, but man is that a pretty one!

Good luck with the sale.

perep
07-14-2013, 02:07 PM
I have seen these before & tempted, been through 4 banjo ukes, still have 2 but I will savor these photos & hope price comes down some. good luck, it is a beaut.

Uke-lahoma
07-16-2013, 02:49 PM
I forgot to mention earlier that the resonator comes off so that one can play it as an open-back or closed-back banjo uke.

Uke-lahoma
07-17-2013, 01:07 AM
I received a PM asking how the resonator is attached to the uke. As illustrated in the image below, there is a bolt that extends from the inner center of the resonator, and the truss rod has a corresponding hole. To remove the resonator, one spins it until it comes loose.

ralphk
07-19-2013, 05:49 AM
I've seen this uke and it is really great. Want a super banjo uke -- this is one.

Ralph

Uke-lahoma
07-22-2013, 12:34 PM
I have reduced the asking price for this beautiful Spanky concert banjo uke to $775, which includes insured shipping in the continental US. If it doesn't sell at this price, I'll be keeping it.

Uke-lahoma
07-24-2013, 12:28 AM
The Spanky banjo uke is SOLD. Thanks to everyone who visited this thread!