My first attempt...

Reaction score
At a solid body electric uku, I have no skills no proper tools and have got this far on luck a hand saw and a 10mm chisel. I'm loving it so far. I have cheated buy buying a few cheep eBay parts.

Brian

Attachments

• IMAG0718.jpg
    IMAG0718.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 142
  • IMAG0726.jpg
    IMAG0726.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 117
  • IMAG0717.jpg
    IMAG0717.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 111
  • IMAG0729.jpg
    IMAG0729.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 137
I will do, next order for parts is going to happen soon but active or passive I just can not make my mind up.

Very interesting design. Pictures of the back please!

IMAG0850.jpg

It's not very pretty but seems to work and it's staying in tune as best it can for new cheep strings.Having problems with the electronics, like they don't work! I will take it apart and investigate.

Cool project but yeah, I guess it's important for the pickup to work on a solid body. :p I'm sure you'll get it sorted. What are the dimensions?

Yes and yes.....

It's 44cm in total length and the body is 12.5 cm wide on standard consert size fret boas. It plays ok and will make a great practice uke but I still want to get the pickup working.

Did you wire the positive wire to the shortest lug on the jack? Another thing to check for is to make sure there isn't a short somewhere.

Its alive..........

Got my act together and went to the local guitar shop and they tested every thing for me.Turns out it was the amp, so the honeytone travel amp is going back to amazon and I'm using a very cheep £15 CG-2 2w mini amp, picked up from the same guitar shop. I'm a very ukulele maker.......

I suppose your going to want me to make a sound sample now? Another first then, now we're to start?

Cheers all Brian.

Top Bottom