FS: large-ish tenor / small-ish baritone hard foam case

Status
Not open for further replies.

seonachan

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been trying to solve the mystery of this case for a while now. It's a Pro-Tec hard foam case in excellent condition. It was sold to me as a baritone case but it's a touch too small in the lower bout for a standard (10") bari. A tenor fits in with a little more wiggle room than you might like, though it's certainly doable. I don't know if this was a mistake, or something built for a custom uke, or intended for another instrument altogether. The interior dimensions are as follows:

total length: 30"
body length: 13"
upper bout: 8.5" (that's the width at the spot where the upper bout would align, more or less; it narrows to 8" at the top of the body space, where it meets the neck support area)
lower bout: 9.5"

So if you've got a uke (or something else) that fits this, or maybe you've got a tenor and like to carry around a change of t-shirt and are always frustrated that it doesn't fit into your standard tenor case, how about you take this off my hands for $25 shipped in the CONUS?

Some pics (note: Makala tenor ukulele not included!):

smcase1.jpgsmcase3.jpgsmcasewuke1.jpgsmcasewuke2.jpgsmcasewuke3.jpg

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to solve the mystery of this case for a while now. It's a Pro-Tec hard foam case in excellent condition. It was sold to me as a baritone case but it's a touch too small in the lower bout for a standard (10") bari. A tenor fits in with a little more wiggle room than you might like, though it's certainly doable. I don't know if this was a mistake, or something built for a custom uke, or intended for another instrument altogether. The interior dimensions are as follows:

total length: 30"
body length: 13"
upper bout: 8.5" (that's the width at the spot where the upper bout would align, more or less; it narrows to 8" at the top of the body space, where it meets the neck support area)
lower bout: 9.5"

So if you've got a uke (or something else) that fits this, or maybe you've got a tenor and like to carry around a change of t-shirt and are always frustrated that it doesn't fit into your standard tenor case, how about you take this off my hands for $25 shipped in the CONUS?

Some pics (note: Makala tenor ukulele not included!):

View attachment 55904View attachment 55905View attachment 55906View attachment 55907View attachment 55908

I got the same case....It is heavy and bulky ......but that is a very awesome price....considering how expensive these cases were......good luck in the sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom