Uke Chord Flash Cards Available - 168 chords for GCEA

websessive

Reaction score
Hello. Long time lurker. Not much of a join-inner, but I do love the forum. I just created a 168 uke chord flash card set ready for printing. Just tried to upload them here but the PDFs exceed the size limit. So here they are on the Web:

168 UKE Chords Flash Cards Front - GCEA

168 UKE Chords Flash Cards Back - GCEA

Feel free to use them. Was toying with the idea of selling them and thought "Nah". I only ask that you respect the copyright. Feel free to share and distribute for personal, non-commercial use.

I can't guarantee the accuracy. A mistake is bound to crop up from copying and pasting the diagrams from my chord program, but I'm nearly certain it's all right.

There are two files: the front and back.

Instructions for Printing

Print the front (chord diagrams) first on heavy card stock. Print the corresponding chord names on the back of the newly printed diagrams. With my printer I feed the front side back in exactly as it came out, then print the corresponding back.

Test printing first for take it to a print shop. Print on perforated card stock for Avery 3263, 3380, 5689, 8383, and 8387. Not using labels but card stock meant for those label sizes should work. Remember: left and right are flipped on the back copy. It’ll be right once printed.

I've double checked my work. I'm 99% certain the chords are correct.

Having said that, I've not had time to print a set for myself. So, who knows...

Once printed, mix and match to learn. I don't think I'll be trying to memorize 168 at once, but you could start with basics removing the rest, or do all minors, or all majors. Permutations are endless.

At some point, I'll get around to doing a set by key, then movable shapes.

Enjoy.

Tom

Those look great!

I'd be interested in knowing what program you used for the chord diagrams. I've been working on a free chord chart generator called Chordious, which I used to make my own chord charts. The basic program works, and I am currently in the process of making a graphical chord designer. I'd be interested in what features you'd find useful (I see for example some partial barres in your flash cards which I currently don't support).

Let me know if you're interested.

/jaunty

Those look great!

I'd be interested in knowing what program you used for the chord diagrams. I've been working on a free chord chart generator called Chordious, which I used to make my own chord charts. The basic program works, and I am currently in the process of making a graphical chord designer. I'd be interested in what features you'd find useful (I see for example some partial barres in your flash cards which I currently don't support).

Let me know if you're interested.

/jaunty

Hi Jaunty. Thanks. The program is called "Chord Scale Generator"
available here: http://www.pluck-n-play.com/en/ . It can be configured for basically any stringed instrument, any number of strings, any tuning. Pretty amazing.

The partial barres are not on purpose. Usually those barres would be all strings but the program only graphically barres the one's in the chord.

I'd suggest downloading the trial: http://www.pluck-n-play.com/en/download.html and give it a test drive. I've used it for a couple of years so I can certainly tell you what features I'd add. Definitely have a list in my head.

I should add that anyone using the charts can feel free to do a full barre. I think most would.

Okay...now you got me musing away ;-)

Here are some things I've found missing.

Chord generator issues

- Can turn barre on/off but have no control over partial, full. You get what they've hard coded for barres.
- Good control over chord generation. Gives you control over diagram or fretboard, but can't see all inversions of a chord on fretboard at one time.
That would be very useful.
- Allows you to copy/paste generated diagrams, single or multiple at once.
- You can toggle fingering, note chord interval name, note names, but in flat keys the note shows both harmonic chord name enharmonic equivalent. Can't choose one or the other, you get them both or none
- Nice chord filter control generally but no way to get just "basic" chords easily. For example, if you allow open strings, you get a massive array, some probably not too useful. It's algorithmic generation so
I do understand why, but a basic set might be useful. Not sure how you'd define that. Easy enough to generate just all closed movable chords though.

Can toggle : open strings, muted strings, exclude intervals, exclude doubled tones, choose a bass note, choose a fret range, filter by easy, medium, hard, very hard, and hell.

Scales

- Will generate numerous scales and suggests patterns but is buggy. Can't explain, you'd have to see. It'll plot scales on fretboard and diagram, but I find the navigation of scale blocks confusing and inflexible.

More flexible fretboard generation would be great as suggested above.

That's all I can think of for now. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom