It's now been a month. ( Makala Soprano Dolphin Bridge) Uke.

Ukeplayer2013

Reaction score
Hi Guys!! ( and girls;) )
It's now been a month that I have my Makala Dolphin Uke and I've been playing it ever since. My wife is surprised on how quick that I'm learning songs on it. Here are a few.... I'm yours (of course hehe!) I won't give up. (Jason Mraz). Tears in Heaven (Clapton), Let it be (The Beatles), Route 66 (the John Mayer version), Family guy theme song, Last kiss, Black and Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam Thought myself) and a few more in the works. All thanks to UU for being THE PLACE to go for anything Uke related. Thanks to all the moderators, Administrators and many more.

Thanks again to all.

Have a good uke time!!!

Scott! :cool:

Glad you are so into it Scott.....but watch out, hanging around here is also a great way of being infected by UAS...

UAS = Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome

Many of us are pretty infected....I have a pretty nasty strain....V-UAS (Vintage Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome). To be honest, it is the best infectious disease I've ever had, I'm loving it!

UAS = Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome

Many of us are pretty infected....I have a pretty nasty strain....V-UAS (Vintage Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome). To be honest, it is the best infectious disease I've ever had, I'm loving it!

Good thing for me that teacher's aides don't get paid in the summer or I'd be in pretty deep. Instead, I just look at the tenors at my LMS and think, "Maybe for my birthday in November...." Of course Lorelei (Luna Hi-Tide) is still my main girl but Mr. Seahorse (Red Dolphin Bridge) makes people smile when I bring him to the nursing home/rehab center my mom's at and noodle around with him there.

To think this all started in May with Amanda F'n Palmer playing her "Ukelele Anthem" at a writer's conference.

I'm thinking Kala for my next purchase. Something within the 150-200$ range, maybe in the concert sizes. It might be around my birthday or christmas. I'll see around then. Father of 3 and husband, Money is quite tight so I'll see what I can get then.

I got my eyes on a kala ka-ce at my LMS and going for 199$ with a bag. I have another music store checking to see if they can make it a better price. It's the concert model with the eq with built in tuner. Very nice and a good price. I find.

Pikagirl,
I am glad I am not the only one who names their ukes. I have always named my cars too.

C

Pikagirl,
I am glad I am not the only one who names their ukes. I have always named my cars too.

C

My Dolphin is Fifi Bonne-Soirée. I didn't name her; that's just who she is. ;) She's blue!

I did finally get another 'uke, after nearly a year and a half, but I will always love my Dolphin. I learned a lot and had a lot of fun on $40 (roughly). Not bad! Sadly, I did develop an unfortunate case of SUS (String Acquisition Syndrome) and I now have a tendency to try all different types of strings on poor Fifi, who is currently sporting a set of snazzy yellow Ko'olau Golds.

Last edited:
I put some d'addario j65 clear nylons on it. I don't like them.they have a roughness of a guitar string but sounds nice. I'll be taking a pic to upload here with a Mater sticker I put on. Hehe!!

Pikagirl,

C

My car is an '03 6 speed turbo Black VW New Beetle with black rims named MacGreevey the Wonderbug. (Yes, he has his own theme song too.) I don't name these things, they just whisper their names to me and I say, "OK." I was originally going to name MacGreevey Spike, but then he told me what his name was - but what was I expecting from a German-Irish Red Sox fan that is my car? 'Nuff Ced as we say in Boston. ;)

BTW Lorelei named Mr. Seahorse. She's a better listener than I am sometimes.

I ran through m-600s and some d'adarios before slapping on a set of Aurora (multicolor). That was a while ago and I never looked back. My dolphin plays good, sounds good, and whenever I pick it up (which is a lot), it's usually still in tune.

My UAS has been going through a rough period, over the last weeks I sold my Islander and my Kala sopranos. Just one uke left.

I got my eye set on the Kala models in my price range which would be 115$-199$. One model Kala is the KA-C or the KA-CE. If I remember they are the Mahogany wood models.
But money here is very tight at the moment...... Have 3 kids, so I might have to wait. Hehe!!

I feel the UAS too! I want to get a solid top or solid everything but no cash at the moment. I have never tried and tenor so I want to try that too!

My car is named Midge. (short for midget)
My soprano Mahalo is named Lana which means "beautiful woman" and my Kala exotic concert is named Honu which means green sea turtle (she is green). I am not sure why my ukes are female but what can you do?

C.

Top Bottom