Buy cheap/used uke in Belgium/Brussels

bigsciota

Reaction score
Long story short, I'm going to be in Belgium for about three weeks doing some biking, camping, and hopefully busking. Due to the baggage restraints of cheap airlines, I'm thinking my best option is to buy a cheap and/or used instrument (either uke or guitar) there, then sell it back to a secondhand shop at the end of the trip. This also means that I don't have to carry around one of my instruments and worry about it getting knocked around, lost, stolen, etc.

So, my two main questions are A) where in Brussels should I go looking for a cheap instrument (music shops, secondhand stores, etc.) and B) what cheap brands are widely available in Belgium? I'm an American living in Ireland, and I'm aware of many of the better cheap brands, but I know regional availabilities vary considerably (i.e. in the US we don't have Stagg, Brunswick, or Tanglewood, which seem to be popular over here).

Oh, and by cheap, I'm talking under 50 euros cheap. Honestly, my first preferences for a busking instrument are guitar and banjo (sorry!), but I'm thinking ukulele might be the more realistic option for decent sound and playability in that price range.

Thanks.

PS: I hope this is the right place for this post, feel free to move it to another forum if not.

Have you thought about getting a Tom pocket ukulele? (They're easily available on ebay.) They're dead cheap, playable and very small. That's what I'm taking on my honeymoon!

Top Bottom