Effects?

aqualung23

Reaction score
I'm now using my uke in my looping station, and I'd love to hear some feedback on any good effects pedals, especially multi effects, that you have used. I have a cheap Zoom pedal but need to upgrade, preferably to something that sounds good for uke, guitar, AND bass (if such a thing exists). Looking forward to hearing your input! Thanks!

Hard to go too far wrong with the Line 6 POD series. I have the POD xt "kidney bean" that is no longer in production but you can get fairly cheap models off eBay.

If you like physical knobs that sound like they are set, the Boss ME-70 is the bees knees (or whatever they say). I use it for 'ukulele over my Zoom G3 for 99% of stuff. I can't stand menus and finicky patches. Sounds killer for guitar too. Bass - no idea, but have to wonder why???

I second the ME-70 suggestion, super versatile and has some really clever design features. For example it has a delay effect on 2 different pedals so you can have 2 delay times available without having to turn knobs, or you can layer them. The harmonizer effect is also pretty good and works diatonically. The amp modeling section would be nice with a uke plugged directly into a P.A. too.

Another good choice, although more expensive, is the TC Electronic Nova System. The effects are very good and there is a ton of flexibility. This would be great for guitar as well, and the modulation based effects translate decently to bass.

The Line 6 ones are the only ones I've used, and given that you can buy specific downloads for bass (since it comes with a handful installed, but not a lot), it can be more usable. Plus, I think they still have their online resource, where you could upload - and download - settings and patches that are created to get a world of different sounds right off the bat. When I used my Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live!, I found that part of it far more useful than anything else out there.

Now, I'm a traditional stompbox user, which you have many options there as well.

Cool ill check some of those out. The ME 70 looks pretty awesome but is a little out of my budget, but maybe ill hold out for it.

I was quite broke when I bought my multi-effects pedal, so I bought something affordable: a Mooer Pogo.

It works surprisingly well for its price and offers an easy-to-use knob interface with a range of effects (chorus, flanger, phaser, tremolo, delay, echo), 6 different amp modules ranging from Clean to Metal and everything in between..a built in drum machine, headphone options, etc.

Works well with my VOX AC4TV tube amp as well as my VOX Pathfinder bass amp.

Definitely worth checking out - I do not regret my purchase at all.
I would totally buy it again if I lose or break this one.

I got a Behringer V-AMP 3 a few months ago, and it has been tons of fun for my uke. It's a bit over $100, so more affordable, and loads of patches, amp modeling and options. Not sure how it would translate with a bass, in particular, but I imagine it would work our well for a guitar.

Top Bottom