Vigilante (Zimmer)Man - Woody Guthrie update

peewee

Reaction score
Here's a currrent Seasons video. The theme this week is factual/historic songs. I stumbled into doing a Zimmerman/Martin remake of Woody's "Vigilante Man" hope you enjoy, and come on over to the Seasons thread and enter!

http://youtu.be/zdI6cDEQVEo

Thanks Doug!
I was having trouble finding a song I wanted to tackle for this week. So I decided to do something about the Trayvon news, as that was pre-occupying me.
I was considering using the tune to one of several different rambling Woody songs and rewriting the words, I listened to several. I listened to the 911 recording, I went for a run...whereupon it struck me that Vigilante Man was a pre-existing song that was already 3/4 of the way there. Further that it might be more dramatic to just mix in the recording of the call rather than try to incorporate some of the dialog in the song as I had originally intended.
I did a couple of run throughs to try to get the timing and tempo right, and did it "live" with the recording in the earbuds. Listening back, I wish I had practiced the vocal part more, or changed the key down a step or so...
I'm glad it seems to have worked so well. I'm glad I did this instead of going out in the street to protest too. Much safer.
Thanks!

Top Bottom