I'm new to this site and have some silly questions :)

Niamho

Reaction score
I want to collage my ukulele with various images using mod podge but I read some where that this will damage it . Just wondering if anyone knows or has tried this to give me some advice on the whole thing ! It'd be greatly appreciated :):)

Anything thick like that on the soundboard will definitely decrease the volume and tone of the instrument. Most would consider that damage...nay...sacrilege! :)

You can goop up the headstock and, as long as you don't interfere with the strings and tuners, it won't affect the sound too much. The same goes for the sides and back. Just don't mess with the top.

Of course...some of us old fogies would consider doing something like that as "damage" whether it affects the sound or not... LOL

John

I want to collage my ukulele with various images using mod podge but I read some where that this will damage it . Just wondering if anyone knows or has tried this to give me some advice on the whole thing ! It'd be greatly appreciated :):)

I used acyrlic paint on my mahalo and it was fine. On a thickly painted laminate like that, it wasn't a big enough change to worry. I also owned a better quality uke when I decided to decorate my first one. :) It was already become more of an art object than a instrument at that point.

Top Bottom