Congrats to the Bushman Video Winners!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just about to say that! hahaha

P.S. I knew paddydude36 would win!

Good job to all.

Absolutely no disprespect to the winners... but to be honest, I'm not going to pay attention to the contest any more. I'm sure Seeso doesn't want or need anyone saying this because he's a humble dude... but his Hotel California video didn't even place, and it was BY FAR the best entry this year. There are a few others that clearly had more talent and skill who didn't place as well. I know it says entertainment factor is one of the rules.. but come on. They should re name the thing "The Bushman World Ukulele and Video Editing Skills Contest".

Just my two cents.. because I think everyone probably thought that when they saw the winners, but I don't know if anyone else would mention it.

Good job to all.

Absolutely no disprespect to the winners... but to be honest, I'm not going to pay attention to the contest any more. I'm sure Seeso doesn't want or need anyone saying this because he's a humble dude... but his Hotel California video didn't even place, and it was BY FAR the best entry this year. There are a few others that clearly had more talent and skill who didn't place as well. I know it says entertainment factor is one of the rules.. but come on. They should re name the thing "The Bushman World Ukulele and Video Editing Skills Contest".

Just my two cents.. because I think everyone probably thought that when they saw the winners, but I don't know if anyone else would mention it.

The winning entry didn't have any video editing.

I do agree though, Seeso deserved some recognition.

The winning entry didn't have any video editing.

I do agree though, Seeso deserved some recognition.

I second that. I think the title of the competition can be pretty misleading as it suggests it's about ukuleles and therefore music but I think the contest seems more based on an overall entertainment video that features ukes. I do think the entries were really good though, first place is v. impressive!

Well done Jumpingflea, I saw your video the other day and thought it was very clever.

P.S I find it hilarious that someone got a mention doing I'm Yours...COME ON!

Last edited:
Where's sesso?! :eek:

Other than that, I liked most of the entries a lot. Congrats to all the UUers who made it!

With all respect, they can only fit 5 winners and 10 honorable mentions. That's only eight percent of the 189 entries. I don't think the honorable mentions are in any particular order either. There were a lot that deserve an honorable mention, but you really can't fit them all.

Anyway, on to discuss the winners.

$1250 credited for Monique and friends?! That's just insane. They can buy everything there if they wanted. Share the wealth! hahaha

Keonepax is awesome. End of story.

Jonathan Elder aka TinroofSunburn probably didn't make much if you think about the production costs of the video.

Eric Bradford aka Evilhamster95 did an excellent job, but you can tell he didn't need the Bushman credits if you look at the things in his room. hahaha

Kevin and Bobby aka katianwitchger also deserve it. It was one of my favorites.

With the exception of TinroofSunburn, I added all the winners (not the honorable mentions) to my youtube favorites or subscribed to the user before they were picked, so I guess I'm not really surprised about the winners. Maybe the judges have similar tastes as I do. Maybe next year I'll throw some predictions around. :p

Oh yeah... and I'm Yours? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
my favourite video out of them was the kid doing Nirvana. Which is weird because normally the sound of children singing makes me feel quite ill.

Max the punk rocker has actually changed my life! he rules with fists.

I'm really happy to see Keonepax and Evilhamster up there. And I also liked Grass Shack by Peyrson and the Rich Girl cover a lot.

I'm disappointed I don't see Ukulezo's Optional Accessory, Seeso's Hotel California, Russ' Breakdown, or the Baron's Love Me Tender. I think those were all freaking amazing.

P.S. I'm yours :confused:

Grats to all the winners. I had a fealing thejumpingflea's vid had a shot at a prize when I first watched it. Very imaginative use of the ukes in that one.

I know it has to be tough for the judges with that many entries but I'm also scratching my head a bit on a few that didn't get a mention over some of those that did.

Seeso has already been mentioned, and there was one entry from WS64 that I can only describe as hauntingly beautiful. Check it out if you have not seen it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQkhzwdPPp8

Also for pure entertainment value it's hard to beat this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KnCRGV4rco

The winners were entertaining though and like I said, with near 200 entries it's a tough call.

The results were quite disappointing. I guess it would help to know the criteria the judges used.

Despite my disappointment, congrats to all who entered and especially to all who placed.

I went through the entries a little earlier and I was just going to keep my mouth shut, no disrespect to jumpingflea, yours was great and deserved the recognition, but the rest it looked like they just picked random videos. There were so many great great entries and so few on in the winners. I should stop. I try to be positive on this board.:confused:

im not hating on the winners or nothing but how is this thing judged?
i thought it was a uke contest and not a singing one.
i gotta admit, mad props to first for the harmonies but
where was puremarkska's, seeso's and adellethegreat's video
all three of their vids were really good

ima lil disappointed too deach, you aint the only one

Last edited:
Maybe they just need to figure out the direction and goal of the contest. Is it to find the maddest editing skillz? The best audio/visual equipment? The most creative? The most talented? The ones that have the best ukes? Or should it go to the ones who need a new uke the most?

There are no right or wrong answers there, but maybe the goal of the contest should be more clear.

I wonder why monique didn't post the video in her normal channel? She posted here on UU once or twice before, mostly in the singing boards.

I expected to see the Adelle and Ken vid. I thought it was great.

I know..I'm shocked. Also, I remember seeing Ken's solo entry and thinking, "Crap, now I have to come up with something better." I soon realized that would be an excercise in futility, and let it ride :)

Also, I still have Krabber's "I wanna bump uglies.." stuck in my head...much to my wife's dismay...

Lot of great entries...next year I'm going for the funnybone, and I start filming next week :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom