Hard Case Dimension Question

Kevin B

Reaction score
I am looking at these hardshell "soprano" cases on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Deluxe-Soprano-Ukulele-Hard-Case-Leather-Brown-/310706581617?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item48578e3071 From the dimensions they seem too big. Has anyone tried them? I want to carry sopranos like a Lanikai LU21 or Kala KAS in it. When I read the dimensions they seem to large. I contacted the seller and they only reiterated what the ad copy says. Can anyone help me know if it works with a standard type soprano like those described. Thanks for any help.

The dimesions seem right, but a word of warning, I bought a case from that seller 2 weeks ago and it had a strong odor not unlike that of a barn yard. Musty, like manure and hay. I tried baking soda to get rid of the smell. 2 weeks later it is still outside "airing out." I contacted the seller and they offered $5 back and I took it. I didn't want to deal with sending it back, and who knows, in a month the smell might be gone. I hope. Good Luck

If that's really leather as claimed and it arrived with a barnyard smell I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for it to improve. Well...maybe I would be holding my breath but I wouldn't be expecting it to improve. It may well be improperly cured/uncured leather in which case it is basically rotting in place...

I hope not for your sake, but I don't think I'd be ordering any of these...

John

Wow! I just noticed that the listing claims it is leather; it is plastic or vinyl. I knew I was buying a cheaper case and expected it to be "pleather" (plastic leather) so that's another issue in itself. That being said, I still have hope the smell will go away. It has dissapated greatly over the past 2 weeks and I am in no rush as I bought another case from Elderly. I highly recommend the Martin Thermoplastic case. It was marked down to $115 from $150 and it is worth every penny. One could say it is the Martin of ukulele cases (pun intended.)... I couldn't help myself. In all honesty, you could stand on this case and nothing would happen. I was very impressed with the both quality of the parts and the seamless assembly.

Top Bottom