Dunlop Strings?

bigsciota

Reaction score
My uke has Aquila strings, and I'll probably just keeping restringing it with those as needed, but my local music store stocks dunlop strings, which I have been able to find exactly nothing about review-wise online. Just being curious (and also for anyone in the future who is looking), what are these like?

I haven't seen any reviews either . . . all I remember is that they're nylon. Found this one and hopefully it'll help.

Yep, Nylon strings. I play tenor and baritone. I like a wound string and have tried many. I like the Dunlop T2's on my vintage mahogany Favilla baritone. The nylon really brings out the smokey, bluesy sound but on my Webber I couldn't get them off fast enough. It seems my vintage baritones like a nylon and I'm still searching for the newer Webber. Today I put on a set of Southcoast HL's after the Ko'olau Golds.. Every instrument is different and may require a different string brand.

For a wound low G tenor I like Southcoast. Non wound, either Southcoast or Living Waters. Dunlops to me sounded pretty thudy and not much resonace on my tenor.

Sounds like you're gonna be joining many of us with your shelf full of strings; trying to find the perfect one. I think a lot of us started, and some stayed, changing to Dunlops because they were at our local music store.

It may help knowing what you're playing and how long.

Top Bottom