LR Baggs Lyric microphone/pickup?

13down

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used an LR Baggs Lyric internal microphone in a uke? I've heard they're good in guitars. Is there any reason why one *wouldn't* work in a uke?

Last edited:
Hi there. I know this is years later, but wonder whether you tried one, or found out useful infomation about using the Lyric on a uke from others, and whether you have any information to share with me about this. I am considering adding pickups to another uke or two and I am comsidering the Lyric. It seems like a good idea, but only if the electronics are compatible.

Hi there. I know this is years later, but wonder whether you tried one, or found out useful infomation about using the Lyric on a uke from others, and whether you have any information to share with me about this. I am considering adding pickups to another uke or two and I am comsidering the Lyric. It seems like a good idea, but only if the electronics are compatible.

I had one in my Taylor 812 grand concert guitar for a year or so. Very cool pick up and it sounds as advertised "like the guitar only louder". My understanding is they were designed from the ground up by Baggs as a solution for steel string guitars. The on board pre-amp employs noise canceling technology that cancels the boxy reflections inside the guitar. So with that said I doubt it would sound right with a uke, also the pick up body would be quite large compared to a uke. I would hope Baggs would take the technology and apply it to the uke eventually..

Oh I needed to correct this statement cause I was wrong, I thought I had the anthem in this uke but it is just the lyric. I was playing around with these a few years ago so I forgot. But yeah, sounds good, just the soundhole control mount is the wrong radius, wires need more mounting than necessary, it's not optimized for uke but it's good and I asked them to make a few times. Ask them to make it too please. It's actually a good sounding internal mic and that is hard to find.

Last edited:
Oh I needed to correct this statement cause I was wrong, I thought I had the anthem in this uke but it is just the lyric. I was playing around with these a few years ago so I forgot. But yeah, sounds good, just the soundhole control mount is the wrong radius, wires need more mounting than necessary, it's not optimized for uke but it's good and I asked them to make a few times. Ask them to make it too please. It's actually a good sounding internal mic and that is hard to find.

Very interesting, somehow I knew you would have tried it Andrew. Baggs makes great stuff and would love an internal mic system for uke that works well.

Last edited:
My fantasy pick up would be a Uke sized Lyric with a rechargeable battery ala MiSi. Bring it Baggs!

Thanks Andrew for sharing the results of your experiment with the Lyric..

Last edited:
Top Bottom