SAS Survivair Air Supplied Respirator for Sale

Chris_H

Reaction score
I have 2 of these, only need one now:

http://store.sassafety.com/store/shopexd.asp?id=355&bc=no

Now that I am only finishing my own stuff, by myself, it is finally time to let one go. Actually I used to have 3 of them, the other was passed on years ago. I am keeping one as a 'life' tool, cuz you never know when you need one of these, and when you do, it is the only solution.

I am keeping one, as I use it for lacquer, and with a full face mask, it is good for any nasty task, like installing insulation overhead, etc, scraping up dead animals, and such.. the nasty..

Anyway, this one has traveled a lot. It has seen some use too. Mostly, because of being toted around to many sites, it looks kinda beat up. It still works great. It is a simple unit, the wearing parts are carbon vanes, these are still good, plenty good, and new ones are available anyway. I have not had to do any maintenance to any of the 3 of them, except replace the inlet filters, and post filter. This one needs new inlet filters, or, it can be plumbed to whatever kind of filter you want. Really, it should be built into a box that holds the mask, and the hose, etc. The thin aluminum can for the post filter is kinda dented up, but still does it's job just fine, removes and installs easily.

This needs a little TLC, the power cord needs to be trimmed, re-installed, as it was pulled out of the fixing clamp, beyond the wire jacket. It would like new inlet filters, the last time I bought the whole assembly, it cost me $40. The filters fall off, which is why the felt elements are gone. New felts are all it needs. And finally, it needs the mask dealt with. I still have the mask ( in great shape) a new harness for the mask, and some fittings. There is a good chance I still have the fittings for the mask. Otherwise, a whole new mask assembly is $180ish, but they come up on ebay somewhat frequently.

These retail for over $1000. I will sell what is here for $175 shipped in the CONUS, as is, but guaranteed that the pump works great. The 50' section of hose I think retails for $100ish, or more.

This is a sweet tool, set the pump in clean air, and head into the mist... breathing cool, fresh air.

PM me if you are interested..

My apologies if a 'for sale' post is not acceptable here. I figured that this is the 'Luthiers Lounge' and a good place to pass an awesome tool on to someone.

Cheers

Last edited:
just checked, this is 60hz, 120v, nothing else...

Top Bottom