Trout - New Member Introduction

Trout

Reaction score
My name is Kel, but my nickname is Trout. Musically, I played the clarinet for 7-8 years and the drums for less than a year. I can play one song on the piano. I sing like two trash can lids hitting each other on New Years Day. I have a little guitar experience... very tiny. I stopped going farther because of the bar chords. Now, I'm doing the Uke after watching a lot of YouTube videos. My bar chords are slow but better and the chords are much easier. So far, I'm just using the free resources I find to get myself far enough along that I won't waste money. I'm a notorious cheapskate. I own a Lanikia-21.

I've been surfing the community for a wee-bit under the radar so-to-speak and like the mellow/playful/individualism I've seen. I'm a fan of the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain. I wish my area had a Uke club - the UK clubs really look fun.

Favorite color Hunter Green.

Hi Trout!

I think you'll find all sorts of different types of players here. You will fit right in. Welcome to UU!

Great introduction! Welcome aboard. You are right that there are some great free resources out there. It is a great sharing community!

Aloha Kel,

Welcome to the UU forums and the ukulele...Yes yes you are on the best uke forums online...woo hoo we have the most friendly and nicest members around offering great advice....
happy strummings my fav color is Lime green.. :)

Greetings and welcome. Re: ukers...we fall into the "all of the above" category. Just have fun.

PS: Practice isn't always fun, but the results of it sure are.

Favorite Youtub vid is the Ukulele Orchestra of GB - Teenage Dirtbag is tied with the mixed compilation.

Hello and welcome to you! I love the UOGB and saw them live a few months ago. Also, I own a few "high end" ukes (Kamaka - Koaloha) but one of my favorite ukes is my Lanikai 21...I have had her for a few years and she sounds better with age. Keep playing yours and enjoy.

Top Bottom