Too Funny

hmgberg

Reaction score
I was looking at ukes on Ebay and came across a listing for an Ohana. The seller indicated that it was made in Mexico. I sent a message that Ohanas are made in China. The seller wrote back stating, authoritatively, that listings for all of the other ukuleles like it on Ebay say, "MIM, made in Mexico." This ukulele is too nice to have been made in China, according to the seller. I sent a link to Mim's site.

Before I met Ms. Mim, I too would have thought Made in Mexico. Now I know it stands for "Marinated in Marvelous."

BWAA-HAAA! That's funny. Ebidiots, ya gotta love 'em. :)

John

I was looking at ukes on Ebay and came across a listing for an Ohana. The seller indicated that it was made in Mexico. I sent a message that Ohanas are made in China. The seller wrote back stating, authoritatively, that listings for all of the other ukuleles like it on Ebay say, "MIM, made in Mexico." This ukulele is too nice to have been made in China, according to the seller. I sent a link to Mim's site.

That is funny!

Mitch

BAHAHAHA! That's funny. I was looking at guitars recently on the evil bays, and was really confused for a moment when they all said MIM. I was like Mim doesn't sell guitars!

Before I met Ms. Mim, I too would have thought Made in Mexico. Now I know it stands for "Marinated in Marvelous."

MAN THIS THREAD IS JUST WHAT I NEEDED TODAY!

Long day! Long story! Nothing terrible... just... a LONG day!
Nice to end a long day with a funny story!

I have had a few people write me and say, "you know Mim is Made in Mexico." And I am like... I know... but it is also me, and I want customers to be able to find me! Plus I am lazy and when referring customers to ukes (even though I would rather them use my website) it is just easier to put in the ebay search "Mim Ukulele" and then the other descriptive qualities. Like size or wood. Then I can narrow it down on the side by price. Then I can easily do write ups for individual customers about the ukes in their price point. But always say, "But e-mail me which uke you want, it will save you a couple dollars." So start it with Mim, it is always my stuff... well... until peeps start snitching it. But then it makes me laugh.

But this thread is too funny! It makes me grin ear to ear, especially after the long day I have had today! I think "Marinated in Marvelous" is exactly what I needed to hear today!

BWAA-HAAA! That's funny. Ebidiots, ya gotta love 'em. :)

John

Yeah, there are a few that will steal my name and use it for a post. There is even one that has stolen one of my pictures. One person is trying to use the orange background, but I have started watermarking, so that will help that issue in the future. But yeah, I do sort of dominate the Ohana listings (not bragging, I just always stock everything from them that I can, so it ends up being much of ebay). So, yeah, it has happened from time to time and I have to tell sellers, "You are using the name of a person not a descriptive quality."

BAHAHAHA! That's funny. I was looking at guitars recently on the evil bays, and was really confused for a moment when they all said MIM. I was like Mim doesn't sell guitars!

Hahaha! That is how I found out about it too. Mainly Fender. MIM Fenders are from Mexico.

When on a uke buying Whim, Buy from MIM..... hee hee

MM Stan
Always Can
Make Me Smile

He rhymes my name
So I will do the same
For awhile

(ok... I really need to stop with the poetry today... it is really bad poetry... but I am on a roll)

Well, I think I convinced the seller of who you are. He said he would make note of it in the listing. Just curious, MIM, where were you made? I mean, you weren't born in China, were you? You're too nice to have been made in China.

Well, I think I convinced the seller of who you are. He said he would make note of it in the listing. Just curious, MIM, where were you made? I mean, you weren't born in China, were you? You're too nice to have been made in China.

Though I am a fan of certain Chinese made ukuleles, particularly by the name of Ohana, that are high quality, but not made in Mexico...

I myself was not made in China or Mexico...

but born and raised in (and now reunited with) the best state! (Yes, I am biased... but man I love Virginia)

va4lovers.jpg

MIM, where were you made? I mean, you weren't born in China, were you? You're too nice to have been made in China.

:);) Howard, you slay me.:rotfl::rotfl:

So funny! Maybe I should rename my "Mim" uke Ms. Mim (my SK-38:)

Top Bottom