Is this, what do you call it, "bling"?

UKISOCIETY

Reaction score
Dear Abby,

My sopranino now carries evidence of its recent Siberian travels (and travails!). Is this "bling"? Or does it have to have something hanging from its headstock?

Yours,

Travellin' Man

3171969983_f81804133f_b.jpg

3171965949_6da9e7dd06_b.jpg

Oh, it already had this on its backside:
3171961811_f49f9b0a1a_b.jpg

That's actually pretty bamf... wondering if I should follow suit... nah, mine's too shiny for my tinkering with stickers! But yours looks awesome: I think it qualifies for bling-blang.

-Jeff

nice chair :D

daht lion is blingtastic lolz

They should make magnets like that sticker so I can stick on mah locker and stuff :D

Dear Travellin' Man,

While bling is most commonly hung from the headstock, it is not the only acceptable place. Your bling counts.

Regards,
Google

Does anyone read Russian? I think that says "Balalaika Underground" but I'm not sure... :D

PS: Looks like Blingage to me

It says Krasnoyarsk (Красноя́рск), a large city in Siberia.

pardon me for asking, but what is balalaika underground?

It was originally a wooden fridge magnet depicting the seal of the Krasnoyarsk region of Russia. It's such a big region, it's its own time zone - exactly 12 time zones (or half-way round the world) from the Eastern US time zone. We happen to be based in the city that shares the region's name.

I cut the magnet off and used Elmer wood glue to afix it to the instrument. Ain't gettin' it off - ever!

Top Bottom