UAS - out of control? Or should I soldier on?

Thinker

Reaction score
OK - so I bought a Kamaka Pineapple for my son. He loves it! Then I got a Kamaka Pineapple Longneck for me. I've ordered a May-Moe Concert Resonator. (I have a year to wait).

So here's what I've got.....

1 Kala Ukeadelic
1 KoAloha Tenor
1 KoAloha Longneck soprano (perhaps my favorite).
1 Kamaka Longneck Pineapple (my second fav).
1 Kamaka Pineapple (my sons)
1 May-Moe Resonator Concert (on order...).

So...First - SHOULD I STOP?

OR....Second - What would you buy next? Some thoughts - A Banjole? A Pineapple Sunday?

Thinker

You need a Smeck Vita Uke, Think.

vita2.jpg

Your uke list is almost painful to look at because it lacks a Vita Uke.

Stan!! I think I need therapy - it's getting out of hand.

I don't see any problem here. Looks like a good collection to me. Why stop if you have the funds and the interest? Nothing more fun than uke shopping, unless it is uke playing!

–Lori

Nah, you have plenty of room to grow! I have never sold an ukulele I have purchased, although I did give one away...

I don't see any problem here. Looks like a good collection to me. Why stop if you have the funds and the interest? Nothing more fun than uke shopping, unless it is uke playing!

–Lori

So what to layer on next??

A 6-string or 8-string maybe?

–Lori

I have to agree with Lori - I don't see a problem.

-Kurt​

step one you've acknowledged and admitted.
step two is letting go......................send me the Koaloha long neck soprano and you will feel an immediate release of the pressure you are currently experiencing. it may start your recovery.............;)
d

I have decided that UAS is incurable. It might be controlled, but never cured... I have no need for any other uke. I am blessed with ukes. I have started selling off my ukes because I thought I had cured UAS. Then I discovered, after months of feeling UAS-free, that I want a new uke. Then 3, now I have a list of 5 that I want.

The way I see it, you don't have a problem as long as it is not causing financial problems. :)

OK - so I bought a Kamaka Pineapple for my son. He loves it! Then I got a Kamaka Pineapple Longneck for me. I've ordered a May-Moe Concert Resonator. (I have a year to wait).

So here's what I've got.....

1 Kala Ukeadelic
1 KoAloha Tenor
1 KoAloha Longneck soprano (perhaps my favorite).
1 Kamaka Longneck Pineapple (my second fav).
1 Kamaka Pineapple (my sons)
1 May-Moe Resonator Concert (on order...).

So...First - SHOULD I STOP?

OR....Second - What would you buy next? Some thoughts - A Banjole? A Pineapple Sunday?

Thinker

What no Kanile'a ukes?

Should I stop??? Waahh? I don't understand the question :smileybounce:

Last edited:
I've only had my first uke a week and I'm already plotting for my next one!
But seriously, if you can afford it and it brings you joy,why not get another? It's a hobby just like any other and hobbyists tend to want to have more of their passion around them so I say go for it.

So what to layer on next??

Well, there are so many ukes out there, it is hard to say. I love my Kanile'a (Super Concert), so if you can try out a couple of them, that could be a good way to go. If you are unsure about a baritone, check out the Mainland Baritone for fun. Then, there are the Flukes and Fleas... great for taking into unknown territories, picnics, camping, beaches, homes with children... I know you have the Ukadelics for that, but the Flea/ Fluke is a better sounding instrument... so you can hand over the Ukadelics to the wild ones or newbies around a camp fire, and play the Flea/Fluke yourself.

–Lori

Time to dabble in a Martin. Tenor. (Heh heh...)

Top Bottom