Better Then A Metronome

rowjimmytour

Reaction score
Last weekend I bought my self a speed bag(boxing) to work out with and find its great mental work out for keeping time. I still suk and am not very fast yet but like any thing with some practice I should be a real speed demon soon. The timing so far even though I have learned theory and how to read music still is hard but for only 2 1/2 years invested in playin' uke I am pretty stoked :)

Punch it TO a metronome! :cool:

Last weekend I bought my self a speed bag(boxing) to work out with and find its great mental work out for keeping time. I still suk and am not very fast yet but like any thing with some practice I should be a real speed demon soon. The timing so far even though I have learned theory and how to read music still is hard but for only 2 1/2 years invested in playin' uke I am pretty stoked :)

If you really want to work on your time keeping, put a metronome on 60bpm and box to that tempo. Keep that rhythm going and "groove" with the metronome. Do it that way, and you'll be surprised how easily you will be able to play/box fast, for extended periods of time.

Will make all your ukes sound more "punchy"

yep, we have conversed without slaps taken or given.
The Bonzer Tribe knows no bounds.
ps This is not Disco Tex btw

yep, we have conversed without slaps taken or given.
The Bonzer Tribe knows no bounds.
ps This is not Disco Tex btw
Wait I know this dude!! Are ya the one who scored a custom Oceana (I think) concert uke? If so how is that going for ya? Since I score a cutaway KPK tenor that I am lovin';)

:cheers:Correct. The Oceana is smooth as a smokey single malt and is still coming into it's own. Have a LF Mesquita on order that I am looking forward too.

:cheers:Correct. The Oceana is smooth as a smokey single malt and is still coming into it's own. Have a LF Mesquita on order that I am looking forward too.
Did ya ever post pics of your oceana concert? And would love to see pcis of your new LF Mesquita when ya get her.:cheers:

I never thought I'd run into someone else from Goleta on these forums!

Sounds like you're part of a band that plays around the area. Any upcoming gigs?

I never thought I'd run into someone else from Goleta on these forums!

Sounds like you're part of a band that plays around the area. Any upcoming gigs?
Goleta the goodland forever but only been palyin' uke for 2-1/2 years so no band for me yet:p heelnip that oceana looks sweet and hope one day to score a custom uke:music:

Goleta the goodland forever but only been palyin' uke for 2-1/2 years so no band for me yet:p heelnip that oceana looks sweet and hope one day to score a custom uke:music:

Oh. I clicked on the link in your sig and saw some live recordings of a band. I just assumed you were playing in them. :)

Let me know if you feel like getting together and playing some music. :)

Oh. I clicked on the link in your sig and saw some live recordings of a band. I just assumed you were playing in them. :)

Let me know if you feel like getting together and playing some music. :)
My hobby before I took up the uke and got back to surfing after a hiatus was recording music live w/ a microphones>preamp>recorder. These are some of my recordings I made during my taping run. Which I first learned about following the Grateful Dead around;)

Top Bottom