AndrewKuker

Reaction score
..to kill your tone?
BaroqueGuitarrose2.jpg

..to kill your tone?
BaroqueGuitarrose2.jpg

If I may be so bold....

What the hell is that?

Looks like someone tried to cross a Faberge Egg with an instrument of some kind, or a sound hole with a fractal yeast infection.

-Kurt​

I feel like an ant on a cathedral roof looking down. There is an interesting Japanese build thread somewhere on making one of these. I think id rather pay someone $400 to make one for me :)

It seems to work ok for this guy:

BTW, still giggling at "fractal yeast infection"

wow...my eyes are still out of focus..

They don't have to be that fancy. Here's one I used on a renaissance Guitar - which is really just a Baritone sized Taropatch.
made of Pearwood and a single Parchment layer.

I used to play a baroque guitar with a similar "inverted wedding cake" parchment rosette, and I am here to tell you that it in no way killed the tone. You may find it over to top as decoration, but that is a completely different thing. It is perfect for a baroque instrument--maybe not appropriate for a modern ukulele.

Pretty! That would look nice on the baroquelele. :)

I really like these tone killers. It's also why I use Oak. Really kills the tone. I got really fed up of hearing great tone, after 35 years it gets very boring.

Don't dismiss oak so easily. It makes a fine guitar. My oak soprano is still in progress.

Apologies. I think there was a rather large dose of sarcasm in my response.

Apologies. I think there was a rather large dose of sarcasm in my response.
No apology necessary. I felt the sarcasm, I just didn't want you to mislead someone who might enjoy using oak. It seems to make fine instruments, but I don't know yet about ukes.

Top Bottom