Gauging interest! FS: Kiwaya KTS 7 Soprano

Mattyukaholic

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm gauging interest in my Kiwaya KTS 7 soprano. I'm sad to see it go but I could do with the money to fund my recent rampant UAS purchases. It's also a ukulele of far too nice quality to be sat in the corner because I mostly play (and take to work) my less expensive instruments.

I'll post the specs below and pictures. It's a really lovely solid mahogany with mop and black and white purfling. Modelled on the old Martins. many say it's the closest you'll get to an old Martin, though I think they have a sound of their own. It's by far the most beautiful ukulele I own.

There are no dings/scratches. It has been played for a few months so there are very very minimal signs of it being played - mostly just that the fretboard isn't 100% clean. I have raised the saddle by inserting a slip of card underneath. I can take this out or leave it - your choice. I like quite high action on a soprano, but it has a low action without it.

I paid £800 ($1220) for it and am open to offers (sensible ones!!) Also open to part exchange depending on the uke. Just ask!!

Am happy to post anywhere in the world - shipping to be paid by the buyer. Paypal is best.

Thanks,
Matt

SPECS from HMS:

Vintage Styled Soprano with Classic Tone!
The style 3 was Martin's first deluxe ukulele, first offered in 1916. The ornate craftsmanship set a new standard in eye catching ukulele design. Almost 100 years later the Japanese luthiers at Kiwaya ukulele are not reinventing the wheel, as they say, but they are doing an amazing job in replicating the classics with precision and musicality.

The light weight, custom feel of this instrument make it a joy to play. It has plenty of volume, sweetness, and that punchy uke tone many of us first fell in love with.

Standard- Soprano Size
Parallel white stripes down the center of the fingerboard
a sculpted point at the end of the fingerboard with matching pointed inlay on the top below the bridge
solid Honduran Mahogany top, back, and sides
ivoroid body binding
mahogany neck with rosewood fretboard
dot position markers
Deluxe Gotoh friction pegs in nickel
Very nice sounding uke handcrafted in Japan.

I aquired a Kiwaya Kts-4 (Martin style O rep). I can vouch for that the Kiwaya Kts are everything that people claim. Beautiful craftmanship and materials.
Very solid but extremely light. Good tone and volume. Expert factory set up. The mahogany is fine grain and a dark luster. Set off by a black dye rosewood fretboard. UkeOG

I aquired a Kiwaya Kts-4 (Martin style O rep). I can vouch for that the Kiwaya Kts are everything that people claim. Beautiful craftmanship and materials.
Very solid but extremely light. Good tone and volume. Expert factory set up. The mahogany is fine grain and a dark luster. Set off by a black dye rosewood fretboard. UkeOG

Thanks UkeOG. I think Kiwayas make some of the best sopranos. The KTS4 is amazing too!

Top Bottom