FS: Pono Parlor Guitar

Status
Not open for further replies.

zac987

Reaction score
Lately I've been forsaking my ukulele and guitars, and focusing much more on my banjo playing. So I'm downsizing.

This is a great little guitar by the folks at Pono. Playability and sound you expect from their ukuleles, but in a small-bodied guitar. It reminds me a lot of the old Gibson small-bodies. It's all solid Acacia wood. I'm not sure exactly how related it is to koa, but it sounds pretty damned good. There's no wear or tear to this instrument.

I'm asking for $500 shipped, with Paypal as the preferred shipping method. I'm no longer interested in a trade.

This unfortunately hardly got any play. I've only removed it from its case a few times.

It comes with a nice hardshell case that fits it perfectly. If you'd like a picture or two of it, just ask.

Here's the gallery on imgur.
http://imgur.com/a/KHANT

And here is the sound clip.
https://soundcloud.com/zackyp123/pono-parlor-guitar-demo

MdQWF3Ph.jpg

Last edited:
I have a nice Keilii all koa tenor uke and an old Penco 5 string mastertone copy in great shape. Gotta real good tone ring in it. Would trade you either one and some cash. PM me if you're interested and I can send you some pics and sound samples.

Glenn

This is very tempting... I've been watching Ko'olau's eBay store for those Pono guitars. Just as I was ready to buy one, they all disappeared from the eBay store.

You do offer a cheaper price...however I was really wanting the one with cutaway. Hmmmmmm

I should probably edit my original post. I'm most interested in selling this guitar.

Parlor guitars are great. I flew to Baltimore yesterday and my parlor guitar ( a Martin o size) fit in the overhead compartment without a problem. Ukes are easier to fly with but for some events I need to have a guitar with me. This looks like a great price too.

I'm considering it.

Dumb questions. Does it take regular acoustic guitar strings? Tuning? Thx.

They are amazing. Strung like a guitar and sound huge. Just a smaller body.

For the love of God, would somebody PLEASE buy this thing. I cannot even consider buying another instrument right now, but . . .

:drool: :iwant: :drool:

I'm considering it.

Dumb questions. Does it take regular acoustic guitar strings? Tuning? Thx.

Yup, it's essentially a regular acoustic guitar. It's just a small-body with a 12 fret neck join. You can tune it EADGBE or any number of open tunings.

Gorgeous. I want it, trying to move some gear on Craigslist so I can buy it! Wife is saying I have to give one up to get one!

Possible to put up a sound clip?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom