Move over Eleuke... It is Teton Time!

Mim

Reaction score
Ok, the news you all have been waiting for!

:::drum roll:::

Affordable Solid Body Electrics are Back!

Teton Solid Body Electric Ukuleles!

And they will be here in a couple weeks!

Why Teton you ask? What happened to Eleuke?

Well... we know there was some quality problems with the Eleuke. The US company who distributes them and holds the rights to some of the technology also makes Teton Guitars. And these guitars are AWESOME!!! Well made, high quality, affordably priced guitars with a great reputation. The same makers of these guitars are now making the Teton Solid Body Electric Ukuleles. Same company that distributed them before, just with a lot more say and control over quality and stock levels... hooooo-ray!

But why rename?

These solid bodies, on the other hand, will be of a quality that lives up to the Teton label!

What are they like?

When I got to look at the prototype at Winter NAMM, the frets were AMAZING (really important), the Electronics were good, the tuners were a step up, and the finish was great! And of course, before I send mine out they are going to be highly scrutinized to make sure they are everything I hope they will be. But, honestly, I am expecting these to be a step up from the most recent Eleuke models!

Wanna see what they look like?

Now... these are the Prototypes. So there may be a few changes such a knobs or small cosmetic details. There will also be the MP3 input and headphone output, but you will get the idea from these pictures. And when they come in... I will update the thread with some pictures of the actual production models. They are starting with 2 models. Available in both tenor and concert. Which do you like better? The center soundhole or the offset?

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

So, how much?

The tenor suggested retail is $329.99
The concert suggested retail Is $299.99

So, not sure what they will "go for" but plan on spending around $260ish for a concert, $280ish for a tenor.

So... that is the news! If you have any feedback, questions, happy thoughts, musings, etc. Let me know! If I don't know the answer I will find out the answer!

Disclaimer:
I hate to come across as self-promoting any uke I carry of UU, unless someone has a question that I know I can answer from experience, cause when I am on UU I am a member, not a dealer... BUT... I know people have been aching for this info and when it comes to Eleuke... ooops, I mean TETON UKULELES... and I am always "in the know" with this company because they were the first ukuleles I carried and we have worked together a lot and they are my good buddies because of that. BUT...That being said... now that I cleared that up... ummm... :::clears throat::: ... if you want one... e-mail me: mim at mimsukes dot com. I say this because, I don't want to be understocked, but right not I also cant afford to be overstocked and I want to meet needs of the people who have been waiting. Ok... I did it. I self-promoted. Ack... back into my hole I go!

Last edited:
Pretty wood stripe! I like the center hole best.

Where's the baritone love?

Not yet :(

I know, I know...

but if yall buy up all the Concerts and Tenors and they realize this is what the uke world has been waiting for, I am sure Baritones will come soon!

This is just the first run!

(PS... I love being called "love". You are my new best friend!)

Ooooh aaaaaah...do keep us informed...

Which do you like better? The center soundhole or the offset?

Hmmm... taste is a funny thing...to my eyes the soundhole in the centre looks sorta right, makes the body look more balanced. On the other hand, the offset hole could double as a carry handle...

Like the knobs on the offset one better.

Have 'em make both.

Hmmm. The offset looks better to me.

Wish they made chambered body models, too.

I like the offset soundhole. I also like the neck-through stripe design. Nice to see they are back.
By the way, I like the name too. Teton is actually a French word, and it means, well, boob. You have heard of the Grand Teton mountains? They were named by 19th century French-speaking trappers who saw them and thought they looked like "Grand Tetons" - big boobs. Gotta love the French!
250px-Grand_Teton_in_Winter-NPS.jpg

I like the offset soundhole. I also like the neck-through stripe design. Nice to see they are back.
By the way, I like the name too. Teton is actually a French word, and it means, well, boob. You have heard of the Grand Teton mountains? They were named by 19th century French-speaking trappers who saw them and thought they looked like "Grand Tetons" - big boobs. Gotta love the French!

Tee Hee Hee...

I wonder if these guys knew that when they named them?

I am going to tease them about it next I talk to them!!! This should be fun!

Ahhh, you beat me to it, but at least I can mention how appropriate it is that Mim is going to be carrying these... :devilhorns:

to my eyes the soundhole in the centre looks sorta right, makes the body look more balanced.....Like the knobs on the offset one better..

:agree: center sound hole with marked knobs.

The offset hole is just too weird for me with the severe cutaway hook and the cut off fretboard.

Wow, so many new electric options this fall. Elekstick at $200-ish, Teton at $280-ish, Pono at $650-ish, not to mention Godin at $600. How I am supposed to get one of these and my "nice" tenor? Argh!

Those are simply suhweeettt!

How do they sound compared to the eleuke?

When they come in I will report on that. But I am sure they will sound as good as the mid-model Eleukes (when the electronics were spot on and the quality was super good). It is a under saddle piezo system. Makes it great to use for effects when there is no acoustic properties to get in the way. Plus you can "silently" practice with headphones if you want. Of course I sell these to a lot of people who just want to be able to plug in and rock out, but I also sell a lot of these to apartment dwellers, college kids, and people who are instructed not to wake the baby :)

I like the center hole and love the stripe. I agree with Jim and think the offset hole is weird.

I also like the center hole -- it's cheeky and stylish at the same time. I sold my eleuke pineapple, but could be tempted to pick up a concert version of one of these... Hmm.

Wow these are gorgeous Mim.. love them! I personally like the offset hole.. I love the stripe, Still love my eleuke.. I am pretty sure I have one of the good ones.. Love them.. I have no doubt that whatever leaves your shop will be amazing!

Top Bottom