What strap is this in this video?

coolkayaker1

Reaction score

Kris is awesome.

I really like this exact strap...thin end, and seems to have a soft cuff for the headstock. I know there are many like it, but can anyone help me: anyone know exactly what brand/model this is? Thanks!:eek:

You can see the strap the best at 2:03 min in the video.

Perfect! Until just now I didn't know that was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks, people.

You can get just the attachment for the head stock or quick release. Or at least that how we used to stock them. Then you can use it with any strap. Kris's looks like any other plain strap but with that. Gotta watch out for it not dinging the back of the neck if you leave it on in the case. Polish cloth around the neck does the trick.
Love the Hi Sessions!

You can get just the attachment for the head stock or quick release. Or at least that how we used to stock them. Then you can use it with any strap. Kris's looks like any other plain strap but with that. Gotta watch out for it not dinging the back of the neck if you leave it on in the case. Polish cloth around the neck does the trick.
Love the Hi Sessions!
I agree, Sukie...it looks ideal.

Thanks -- good point, Andrew.

Interestingly, I immediately went to you website to buy a few of those exact quick release ends and the strap. Ugh...you don;t sell them.:(

Thanks so much, Mark. I appreciate your IDing the strap end for me, and the followup. I ended up ordering five of them from Amazon just now (cheap--less than 4 bucks each). I have straps. Appreciated very much.

Thank you for bringing that to our attention. There is a thing called a side bar buckle. They come as 2" - 1" - 3/4" - 1/2" in width. Cost on the smaller three is
$0.35 each. I can sew one side to the strap and the other side of the buckle will have the piece to loop around the headstock either right behind the nut or between the tuners.

I've been using something called a Neotech 5001342 Acoustic/Banjo Adaptor Loop.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Neotech+5001342+Acoustic%2FBanjo+Adaptor+Loop&rlz=1C1SKPC_enUS379&oq=Neotech+5001342+Acoustic%2FBanjo+Adaptor+Loop&aqs=chrome.0.69i57j69i60j69i61.2382j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

It works similarly to the Planet Waves Quick Release system, except there's a thick felt button that attaches to the strap. The Planet Waves thing is probably a little faster, but is banjo loop thing has the benefit of being soft so it won't scratch the instrument.

Thanks for that idea, Mark. Along the same lines, one could probably use a piece of ribbon felt instead of that banjo loop or the PLanet Waves.

Well, I got the PWaves in the mail today, and my fears have come true. It's lovely. BUT it adds about 6 inches onto the strap! So, when I put it on the uke, and teh acoustic guitar strap is at the shortest setting, it's still too long. Ugh! It will not allow me to come anywhere near the chest position of Kris using his in the video. The PWave's device is not adjustable (unless I cut it), and neither is the strap (it's all the way adjusted short).

Is there some uke length main strap I've got to use? I might try it with one of Lori's leashes.

Maybe you need a shorter strap. Have you tried Uke Crazy? Or maybe the Planet Waves strap adjusts for the length of the clip part.

Top Bottom