Ukulele Building Course in UK 2014

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
On the 24th February 2014 I am running a 5 day residential course building a mahogany tenor ukulele at my workshop in Talysarn North Wales UK. We have sourced accommodation in the historic castled town of Caernarfon (you can spit at the castle from your bedroom window) and is available friday evening before course starts on Monday morning. The all in price excluding breakfast and evening meals is £750. The accommodation allows for partners in 3 rooms...

We have done a price comparison with similar courses and most, without accommodation cost £595 for 5 days tuition (small table, 4 forged knives - that sort of stuff that will only give you limited satisfaction :) ) Please see my Facebook page for details and ongoing blog.

My wife is handling most of the enquiries and a video will be shot over the next few months showing the build process. A £125 deposit is required to secure one of the 4 places available. Nearest international airport is Manchester. I'll pick you up and return you if you arrive Sunday and leave Saturday.

You can email us at pete@petehowlettukulele.co.uk for further details.

There are now 3 filled places. Don't worry if we get oversubscribed. We will run courses in March and April but not the rest of the year because the accommodation rates double and we would have to charge £895 for the course. We would also like to book as soon as possible to give people the chance to make arrangements with their employers and partners, give us first call on the accommodation and prepare the materials and other resources for the courses.

Top Bottom