"Blue, Turning Grey, Over You"

Jnobianchi

Reaction score
A Fats Waller/Andy Razaf his from 1929, "Blue, Turning Grey, Over You", played yesterday morning in the car, waiting for the street cleaner to come. If you stick through it to the end, you'll *almost* be able to make out filmmaker Peter Bogdanovich sitting behind the camera as they were shooting his new movie, "Squirrels to the Nuts" on the corner across the street from my car...

Wow, I played it through twice ! Beautiful playing and a supurb vocal, love your vibratto. Your style made it sound like it had been recorded in the roaring 20's to me.

That's just wonderful John! Would you by any chance be willing to share the chords or tab?
Well done as usual!
Cheers!

Boy that was great as usual. I so enjoy watching your videos and listening to the songs. What kind of ukulele is that? It sounds very nice. Bright and cheery.

This is great.
Do you do this for a living?
You sound so professional.
I can see you playing this style in some swank eating joint.
Do you know the work of Pokey LeFarge?
I think you would enjoy his work with the South City Three.

Thank you, V30!

Thanks, Mxyzptik! I appreciate the kind words.

Glenn - Sure! I'll figure out what the chords are and post them here later tonight. And thank you!

Kerry - Wow - thank you! I'm glad you're watching and like what I'm doing. That's an Ohana CKP-70 Vita Uke. It's the BEST uke I've played for under $150. I've had several and nothing comes close to the bright sound of this one for the price, with the exception of other Ohanas. I think they're the best low to mid-priced brand on the market in general.

Thanks, Pabrizzer. You are extremely kind, as always. I do know Pokey LeFarge and I've seen him a couple of times. He's one of my favorite acts playing now. Really gets the style and feel of the music.

Another fabulous rendition, John - I've said it before and I'll say it again... you should be a star. Lovely playing and a voice straight from the 30's - and all so effortless! (Sigh) :D You know (and I've said this before, too....) a CD would be wonderful.......

Thank you, John, and thank you Sunny! I appreciate the kind words.

I thought your collaboration was marvelous. :)

Mianasad111, I agree that it's a great site. :)

Thank you, Lesley. You are really too much! :) If I win the lottery anytime soon, I would definitely enter into the "high-paying" profession of a musician who plays really old music. ;)

Thank you, Jon! :) I have been thinking that it must be nice and cool where you are right now. It's been about 100 degrees here, and not conducive to playing outside, sadly!

Top Bottom