Custom Inlay

SeaArtNancy

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone out there in UU land know of anyone who does custom inlay work? I'm talking "over the top" inlay job from a very detailed drawing/design? I'm currently learning on my little acacia Kala, but when I'm a bit more accomplished I'd love to purchase a very well made Koa wood concert and have one of my designs embellish it in abalone inlay.
And-if anyone out there needs custom design work- logos or wants something cool painted on their uke, feel free to give me a shout!!!
Happy strumming!

Larry Robinson Inlay Art

WOW!!!! I just looked at Larry's website- amazing work!!!!!
Thanks so much for responding!
All the best!

Last edited:
You might try Brian England at Custom Inlay Inc. he does a lot of work for Gibson among some. He lives about 40 miles from me in Kentucky.
http://www.custominlay.com/

Last edited:
Really impressed with the work that all websites have shown! I'm considering buying Larry Robinson's Inlay book and trying a few pieces myself....I have a long history as a woodcarver-this could be a new fun way to make an even bigger mess in my studio!
Thanks again for the responses!

WOW!!!! I just looked at Larry's website- amazing work!!!!!
Thanks so much for responding!
All the best!

Sure glad it helped.:D
Chuck Moore is my all time hero for examples of inlay and building ukuleles. It seemed you were looking for someone who did inlay work separately and could do a design for you. All the best on your journey.

Top Bottom