Columbo Quotes

Timbuck

Reaction score
I was watching an old "Peter Falk Columbo Episode" on TV today..The one co Starring "Donald Pleasence" the wine expert ..title "Any Old Port In A Storm"....and a couple of quotes I heard from Mr Pleasence and Falk, reminded me of the luthier business.

The first one was " what is the difference between an average wine and a great wine ? answer "The price" :)...next quote "If you have to ask the price, you probably can't afford it" :D

Last edited:
You've got to love Columbo! There have been a few occasions when I have gone back to edit/add on to a post, and have been a little tempted to write "Uh, there's just one thing..."

Wish I could think of an appropriate quote to add. Columbo plays the tuba, by the way :)

Believe it or not, I remember seeing that episode when it was first on tv. I think as Columbo was arresting Donald Pleasence he handed him an expensive bottle on wine.

I remember that one piece of "evidence" in that episode had to do with wine turning under failed environmental controls in the cellar - a luthier-related caveat regarding climate controlled storage? Ha ha. Or not ha ha.

Top Bottom