Newbie from Maryland

ukOlivia

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am very new here.... also have not even bought my first ukulele yet. I plan to do that in the next few weeks, and in the meantime I am doing some research and reading reviews. I am excited to get started.

Just wanted to say hello as I will be lurking on the forum.

Greetings and welcome. Glad you joined us. Lots of info here on picking a new uke. Lot's of cool demos on theukulelesite.com and youtube. No excuse to get a "clunker"

Aloha Olivia,

Welcome to the UU forums and the ukulele...Yes yes you are on the best uke forums online...woo hoo we have the most friendly and nicest members around offering great advice.
Happy Strummings.. order from HMS as the offer free setups.. or the ukulelesite.com...http://www.theukulelesite.com/ of course MIM, Uke republic and mainland are excellent too...good luck finding your uke and choose wisely..
mahagony is sweet and koa is a little brighter....laminates are economicial and some are good for the price also they are not prone to cracking.. solid woods sound better and cost more but can crack...remember to choose by sound first
try before you buy....and see in you like the tone...if you cannot tell the difference. ask the person to play it for you whether in the store or on the phone...good luck

Last edited:
Welcome to the UU, the best uke site! Have fun picking your first uke. You're doing it the right way - research first - not the way I did it. LOL!

Welcome!

From someone who is new to this journey and getting up that learning curve: don't cheap yourself out on your first uke. Get the best you can and it will make the playing easier and more fun.

Hi,
I am from MD also. (Southern part) I just started around Christmas of last year. I am going to go to the Uke fest in Rockville on Aug 10th. I can't wait! It is at the Strathmore.

Welcome to the UUForum!

Cua94

Top Bottom